 Trains / 1265
Re: Train Windows service packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 17:34:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tom McDonald writes:
In lugnet.trains, David K. Z. Harris writes:
I like the idea of a letter writing campaign.

I do too. I know individual letters (as opposed to form letters) are best, but
will they think something's up if all our lists are the same?

I have a form letter drafted up.  It is still a rough draft.  I put it into a
word document so that people could edit it if they want.  However, if everyone
wrote their own letter with their own list, you might get some stupid things
thrown in, just like my first version of the list.  If we all agree on the
list, or at least can accept it, then Lego will pretty much have to make our
list, as everyone is asking for the EXACT SAME list.

Yes; we should make it fairly easy for them as far as not implying a new
production run. I haven't studied and looked for all the "hidden" train parts
in currently made sets, so maybe this could be easy. But I certainly wouldn't
complain if they did do another run.

Larry suggested the following;
1 pair doors
8 1x4x3 windows
2 1x2x3 windows
4 1x2x2 airpliane widnows
All with glass (just reiterating)

Things NOT to include.
slope fronts
Bottom nose pieces
roof pieces
These are not important to a train pack. They can be emulated with bricks.

This sounds right to me also. This is probabyly a $3.50 kit.
Hmm. I can hope so.

So far, this is 32 pieces.  Probably more like a $4.50 kit, as it had a slot
of glass type pieces, which I think are a little harder to make.  I suppose I
can get the canopy pieces and hinges elsewhere, so I took them off the list as
well.

I spoke to Consumer Affairs and they said that all the service pack decisions
were made in Denmark.  The letters to Enfield will get forwarded to them.
This person may be right, but they weren't sure, so they may not be correct.
Either way, somebody may want to translate the letter and list to Danish and
have other versions available.

Also, the lady I spoke with said that nobody has ever done a letter campaign.
Well, I guess we will have to change that.  I am posting my letter to the
following url:

http://www.thesocket.com/~mpndxtr/LEGO/USTrain.doc

Let me know what you think...