 Trains / 1285
Re: Train Windows service packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 15:01:14 GMT

Larry's right.  In fact, if you want to get picky, look at the American prototype
Pullman coaches.  The windows are not as big proportionally as TLG has made their
train window.  I would say a 2x4 train window would be closer.  European coaches
seem to use those bigger, square windows.  This brings up the issue of TLG needing
to cater to the American scene, in addition to the "Eurotrash;)"-- e.g. couplers
with no buffers, etc.

If we are looking for a "quick fix", then ignore my sediments (sic).  But these
are important issues, among others, that need to be addressed at the design level
by TLG at some point, IMO.  And soon!

-John

Sleepers. Everyone builds coaches because that's what we have the
windows to build, but there were a lot of sleepers in the heyday of
passenger trains.

Also dining car kitchen windows, bathroom windows, porter's office
windows, etc. etc. etc. Go look at some prototypes. Go look at the
sleeper on my website (it's the cutaway view car) and visualise it with
rounded corner windows. Trains use rounded corner windows. We need a
good assortment of different sizes. Without new element engineering, the
airplane windows (single, please, not the doubles) are our only small
round corner window.

Get the first pack first. Focus, focus, focus.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.