 Trains / 1272
Re: Train Windows service packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 22:35:17 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Mike Poindexter wrote:

Although I also would agree with you, I must rain on the parade.  They will
not produce a service pack with that many individual elements in it, IMHO. \

You are correct.  Maybe a train bucket, but not a pack. We're better off
agitating for a pack than a bucket as I think the run can be lower.

So let's get down to 2 colors.  Or even 1. Me, I like blue. We haven't
HAD a lot of blue in a long time. Blue and grey. There are good sources
of black windows doors and airplane windows already (although not the
narrow train windows)

Blue?  If it's all the same to them, I'd say silver and gray.  I think I'd go for
white over blue.

Fourthly, I forgot about STICKERS! I want some stickers to make windows
frosted, and I want some striping stickers that are the correct length
for the doors in wide and narrow stripes so I can make a red/white/blue
door if I want to, and so forth.

Larry, I think you are starting to fall victim to losing focus here.

Yes. Never mind. Withdraw the question. Your witness.

A final note:  I found a piece I would LOVE to have more of and it would look
great on a train (from a freestyle perspective - I am NOT a train buff) and it
is a 1x4x4 window with a corrugated snap cover.  I could not find a part
number for it but it is on the right side of the 5571 Big Rig Truck just below
the red train window.  I think it could be a great cover for a luggage
compartment.

Yes, these do make good hatches/machinery covers and the like. But I
prefer them for vents rather than doors. US prototype doesn't use these
sort of doors much.

(You do realize that if you reply that you have too many of
them, I will ask you for some, Larry...)

You can never have too many of an obscure windowish part. So although I
have a few (10??), I don't have enough to where I would part with any.

Nice try, though.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.