 Trains / 1276
Re: Train Windows service packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 02:34:41 GMT

Hay,

I think the service pack sould have the following:

1 gray left train door w/clear glass
1 gray right train door w/clear glass
1 red left train door w/clear glass
1 red right train door w/clear glass
4 gray 1x4x3 windows w/clear glass
2 red 1x4x3 windows w/clear glass
4 red cargo doors (that fit in 1x4x3 windows)
2 gray 1x2x3 windows w/clear glass
4 black 2x4x1 train 45d roof bricks
32 pcs total

This would make a nice pack!
With two of these packs you could make a
metro liner car and red loco or a 2nd car.
That's my call see ya...
Robin

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:
I am going to be starting a letter campaign to Lego to try and get them to
provide service packs with train windows and doors.  I would like to get
feedback from other people as to what they would like in a service pack as far
as ratios of windows to doors and any other parts.  Also a list of colors
desired.  Then I will make up a Word (and other formats) document that people
can download, fill out with pertinent information and send to Lego Consumer
affairs.  This is what I currently have for a proposed parts pack:

1 left train door with glass
1 right train door with glass
4 1x4x3 train windows with glass
2 1x2x3 train windows with glass
4 Transparent lt. blue hinged canopy with hinge
1 engine windshield with glass
1 6x5 engine windshield roof (sloped on 3 sides)
1 4x4 plate (goes on top of the train roof)

The windows, doors and hinges will all be the primary color and the roof and
plate will be a secondary color.  For example, a gray pack will come with a
black roof.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this a better pack?  Please
remember that we still have to make it simple enough for TLG to do, so I don't
think individual packs for each component will work.  Also need a priority for
colors so they don't start with a blue pack with red roof (perfect town jr.
colors!!)

Perhaps I am overly optimistic, but I really think if we all do our part, we
will have a good chance of getting this!

Mike