 Trains / 1261
Re: Train Windows service packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 15:00:07 GMT

  I like the idea of a letter writing campaign. (Gee, I wonder if
Susan Williams has an email address? ;-)

  I also think Larry P. makes a good couple of points: keep the kit(s)
small and 'focused'; Have a mix of colors in the kit(s). I like the
ideas, since I also think that they will improve our chances of LEGO
making up such kits. (And, after all, we know how to share and trade
with each other to get what we want. ;-) If we can get them to make
up a kit or two, hopefully we can purchase enough of the kits to get
them interested in a couple of other train-related kits in the future.

Larry suggested the following;
1 pair doors
8 1x4x3 windows
2 1x2x3 windows
4 1x2x2 airpliane widnows

Things NOT to include.
slope fronts
Bottom nose pieces
roof pieces

  This sounds right to me also. This is probabyly a $3.50 kit.
   <Some of Larry's note was deleted...then he continued;>

Now, if you want to ask for a train shapes pack, you can... put in the
metroliner pantograph rods and catenary shoes, put in the 2x6 medium
slopes with offset tops, the special 3 sloped train roof pieces, the
noses (top and bottom), and so forth. In black, white and gray, some of
each. But concentrate on windows and doors. THAT'S what we really need.

  I'd like to see this second kit as well. It fills the gap left by
discontinuing the Metroliner, and would provide a way for those among
us who find "Train Jr." models distasteful to find enough parts to
build our own lines (or expand the lines that we have!). :-)

Oh, and ask them to revive 5073 (??) which is the boxcar door pack.

  I don't know that pack. But I think there's also a bunch of us who
would love to see a boxcar door kit, whether it's the older, wide
single door, or the newer two-door style on the 4564 freight train.

     -Z-     http://baylug.org/zonker/ZTrajnoj.html