 Trains / 1256
Re: Illinois Central Loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 10:49:51 GMT

Since someone else brought it up... I thought the sand looked cool, but I
thought you were a little nuts about accuracy; modeling your farm equipement on
real dirt/sand. The way the towel is bunched up it really looks like little
sand hills.

Once again thanks for sharing your creations (and your "sand" secret),
Chris

Joe Davenport wrote:

Hi Michel,

No, it is not sand on the ground.  It is an old faded towel!  It is the same
one I use when I take photos of my Applicator machines.

Now that I look at the pictures, it does kind of look like sand.  But sand
would be too hard to clean off my Lego bricks!

Thanks for stopping by!

Joe

Michel Magnan wrote:

Hi Joe,
I was curious about the photo of the Illinois Central Locomotive.  Did you
take a photo of it on sand?  Was it a sandbox or do you keep sand in your
house for these photos!
Michel Magnan

I finally got around to adding some pictures of my Illinois Central
engine to my web page.  I should probably update the model since the new
orange bricks have hit the market.  Oh well, one of these days....  :-)

Check it out at:
http://userweb.springnet1.com/jdavenp/Latest.html

Thanks,
Joe

BTW, I have added links at the bottom of each page to help navigation
around my site.  Let me know if anyone has problems.  Thanks.