 Trains / 1178
Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 21:12:12 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

I found that one of the drop center train plates wouldn't work for the
engine, so I built the engine without using a train plate (a pair of 2x4
Technic plates works well as a bogie socket).

Long term this is not the correct design, though. You should find that
the bogie turns more freely if you use a plate in the lower layer and a
hollow space in the upper layer instead of two plates stacked together.

With stacked plates you have friction from the pin rib against the
plate. This wears the plate and rib.

Keep building!

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.