 Trains / *10769 (-100)
  Re: TeenLTC?

"kai brodersen" <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:G9EAM9.504@lugnet.com... (...) Why don't you shut the hell up already? How old are you anyway, 2? (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: subway info?

(...) Argh--now I have extra homework. (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) I haven't been in the NYC subways enough to know, but there sure is some interesting stuff in Boston's T stations. Some inspirations I would take from the T: - Track leading off into dark tunnel to nowhere - Old traction equipment which is (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Show Flyer

(...) They are ours for keeps.We will be doing at least 2to3 shows a year.CWLeach (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Show Flyer

(...) Did you get the parts for keeps/future shows, or did they ask for it all back at the end of the show? --DaveL (DUPLO trains fan) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train

(...) Let me clarify. What I meant was, I hope they do a train, and I hope that it runs on 9v track. Not that it has to have track in the set with it, etc. Not every set that Lego has produced has had power pack, etc., in it. Just that it does run (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) Come on, I own the first public transfer issued by McCowan station, at something like 5:58 on the first day of the RT opening. I'm just not happy with the fact that it goes nowhere-I mean, yes, it's nice to be able to go to a shopping mall in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train

(...) I think that if lego is smart they wont do a 9v train set. If they really want to get the most sales out of it they will do it as a set that uses the train wheel pieces and such but doesnt come with track,motor etc (to keep costs down) and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  A-team (was Re: subway info?)

(...) not another closet Mr T fan??? ROSCO FUT: lugnet.off-topic.fun (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Invitation to Rollin' Rails, in WA

(...) Has the Earthquake affect this? Damage to the hall? Participant's stuck working at home repair instead? LEGO buildings toppled? ;-) -Z- (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: subway info?

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G9JDo8.6J4@lugnet.com... (...) Toonerville?! Kind of embarasing to hear it called that... What on Earth is that suposed to mean? It's "rt" or "SRT"... or "Scarborough RT". :-/ (...) (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Networked train control?

(...) A German University had up a page (this is 5 years ago!) that did this, with a Marklin layout. James (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Networked train control?

(...) DCC, in a computer controlable version has been around for a longish time. (the Lentz system...my Marklin catalog is dated :1985, and has a RS232 adaptor listed) I'm not sure how Lentz addresses within its system exactly, that's not part of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Networked train control?

(...) that to a terminal server, and have it attached to the Internet... ((URL) Alternately, you could put up a web page, and use some CGI scripting to have the web commands translate into the proper serial commands, and connect the serial port of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG gets top billing again...

(...) Sounds great. I'm planning on making the trip up there from NYC for it. I'll pay the $6.00 though, me in a scout uniform? No way. :) Jonathan (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train

(...) Awesome!! I can't wait to see if Lego does the train. Lego, if your listening, please make it a 9v train, please! No Timetwisters stuff or whatever that set was. (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) Whist I cannot speak of the NY subway, I can attest to Toronto. TO has kiosks in quite a few of the stations, and the buskers are licensed (and Subway Elvis didn't do it!) The reason why the tile schemes are different in the stations is to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  NELUG gets top billing again...

Well for the 2nd time in a row NELUG has recieved top billing on the flyers for the upcoming Greenberg train show 03/31-04/01 in Willmington MA. Here is a scan of the flyer: (URL) this keeps up I am going to ask for Honorarium $$$ commensurate with (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train

The teaser trailer for the Harry Potter movie was posted at (URL) . Lego train fans note that there is a shot of the Hogwarts Express train on the web site and the trailer contains a few scenes with the train. If Lego plans on releasing a Hogwarts (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) There arent as many panhandlers as in previous years, but I see them all the time. (among other interesting things). King Guiliani has cleaned things up, but the 'army' can't be everywhere at once. Jonathan (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) I mentioned it because I saw one Monday nite, although he was working the train rather than the station... he scooted on at 53rd/lex (this was on a 6 train) and was with us to Union Square where I detrained. ++Lar (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chicago Train Show This Weekend

(...) This is one of the few times that I wished that I lived in Chicago. I'd really like to see this in person! Katie (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Re: subway info?

Actually, if your station is supposed to date from the current "Reign of King Giuliani," all of the legless panhandlers have been whisked away somewhere. I haven't seen one sitting in a station since 1997. The panhandlers who can stand up do still (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) I will try to grab some pics tonight. As far as vending and shops, I haven't really seen any vending to speak of other than the machines that sell the metrocard passes. With shops, lots of stations have newsstands that are built into the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chicago Train Show This Weekend

Have a GREAT SHOW, Brian! later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Chicago Train Show This Weekend

Just a quick reminder that that Royal Train will be on display at "Highwheeler 2001" held at Harper College in Palatine, Illinois on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. For more information please see the "Show Schedule" section at (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Re: Train Show Flyer

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag. Several very nice people at Lego Direct have been very helpful over the last few weeks in providing support for a show that I am displaying at this weekend. In addition to providing product catalogs, all the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) The nycsubway.org site (sp?) given earlier has all that info and then some. If anything it has TOO MUCH info. Fascinating reading though. NYC stations are pretty barren, people don't dawdle around, and machines would get vandalized/robbed. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Networked train control?

digitrax's been doing a tcp/ip network for it's control system since 1988? That would be really forward thinking. Is the DDC since 1988 or the tcp/ip as the control system since 1988? -John (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) I mainly just need a few photos of a "typical" nyc subway car and any photos of stations. Details of what sort of things you find in stations (what shops and/or vending machines) would be usefull. (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Networked train control?

(...) that's _really_ old, Digitrax is based on stuff from 1988 or so...its funny to see it brought up as though it was new :) James (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Show Flyer

I did notice the lack of any mention of a discount with the card posted. But I do know that a deal was worked out with the local NMRA chapter here in Atlanta for a dollar off using the post card. The discount part is up to the show's producers and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Show Flyer

(...) That's very cool. I really doubt too many people will show up with these cards at the door, though - they don't say anything about the discount on them. I was just surprised at seeing something with the LEGO logo on it, but not (appearing to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Networked train control?

Just saw this on slashdot - a network train control system. Maybe Lego will start using it (well we can dream...) (URL) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TeenLTC?

Another update for ya'll. I think this TeenLTC will mostly be a way for teens to display their work, and I'm devolping a web site right now. If you have any pictures, and are, or want to be, a member send some pictures and i'll get them there. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Show Flyer

(...) Now that's more like it! Nice move, LEGO - that's the way it should be done. Who's hand at LD do I take firmly in mine and shake with deep appreciation? Ed (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train show postcard (was Re: Train Show Flyer

(...) Thanks for posting this scan. In a way it's the first "tangible" evidence of the train summit. Brian Williams is a GMLTCer who happens to live in Chicago, and had asked J2 and myself to see if he could get some catalogs sent to hand out at (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Show Flyer

This is part of LD efforts to help the LTCs. Basically they have agreed to promote a show that has a LEGO display as one of the participants. In return for the free advertising the show's promoters agree to give visitors with the post card a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Show Flyer

(...) !! Is this a LEGO sponsored train show? It sure as heck looks like one, but the legalese on the back says it isn't. Does anyone know more about this? James (cross-posted for visibility, follow-up back to .trains) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Train Show Flyer

I recently received this in the mail and since I haven't see it posted I scanned it in. Here is the link to it on Brickshelf: (URL) front has a picture of the build-it-yourself train that will be available soon via S@H. The back has some information (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's a P42 (Was: Nice model of a AMD103)

(...) I think the P40 is the older design. I'd like to make two for my trains, and thanks for the start (btw do you have more pics yet?). Josh (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stop the madness...

(...) <snipped bulk of info> (...) Steve - I can understand that you don't necessarily have time to follow all this stuff (I haven't had time to more than skim headers since this time yesterday), but you really should have expected what happened. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Town building contest voting open again - registration info

So, I got some of my pending real life stuff off my plate and it's time to get the voting moving again. Thanks to everyone who posted here and emailed me with suggestions - they were read, marked, learned and inwardly digested :-) and this is the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests) !

  Re: my 7740 completely in red + club car is done

Amazing how many red bricks you have got there. Just how did you get that much? Just my style, I am into red trains as well. Let me know your address and when you are not at home :-) Sonnich Adriling <Adrian.Rohnfelder@p...terkom.de> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  first picture of my rheingold mail van is done

Hi Everybody, here is the first picture of my rheingold mail van. A passenger car is also nearly done (but didn't take any picture yet) and a second one is half done - of course I will post it when ready! Again, just click on the blue button and (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  my 7740 completely in red + club car is done

Hi Everybody, after spending some time building and spending even more time (and money :-) ) collecting red train-doors and -windows my 7740 including Club Car is done! Just click on the blue button and enjoy: (URL) bricking ps: for non-flash-user (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building a gravel silo

Hello Frank, Why not make a silo with the small trap door, simillar to your first design, but with only one compartment and also one discarge opening. When you position this discarge opening in exactly in the middle between the rail track and road (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) Those white walls are way to clean also... (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stop the madness...

(...) They can organise something, then. If they are in touch with 10 people from 10 different groups, they can easily send the same email to 10 people, for example. (...) Why would having this meta-group make things any easier for TLC? If TLC (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Stop the madness...

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G9H6Ju.Aty@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I'm not Steve either but I did meet him (and three other members of PNLTC - Dwayne, Kim, Dave) last night here in Portland. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Stop the madness...

(...) What if TLC *wants* a single group to which it can more conveniently communicate, instead of dealing with 10-12+ different groups? (...) ?? What if TLC or LD wants to support LTCs doing train shows by providing catalogs, K8s, signs, whatever. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: subway info?

The best site for information on the New York Subway that I've come across is (URL) That should cover just about every aspect of NYC subways that you'll need. Nicholas Allan "Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) created site :-) Check out (URL) Lots of maps (also very detailed ones) and an incredible amount of pictures, with those redbirds in a special section. General information on subways: (URL) sides contain subway and other rail transport maps, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stop the madness...

(...) Buh. Brain lockup. Too many things at once. To finish my own thought (even though it's obvious): I *do* think that the meta-group should freely share and compare notes about the results of dealing with TLC and other organisations with one (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Stop the madness...

(...) I think that each club should definitely handle speaking to TLC and other organisations on their own. I do not think that this meta-group should *ever* speak to TLC, or give TLC the impression that they (TLC) should address the meta-group (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Stop the madness...

(...) I'm not Steve. But I think the idea was that the mailing list would be private... and when LD was to be notified of something, someone would tell them but say they were speaking with the consensus of the group. If LD wanted to say something, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: I<whatever>LTC summary

(...) Personally I don't really feel like we are "solving any problems". The part of Steve B's. origional post that I really liked was the part about sharing information on Honorariums. This is something I have struggled with for a while with (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Building a gravel silo

(...) I'll try to make a picture later this evening. Meanwhile I'll try to describe the designs a little better: The first design goes like this: when the gravel drops from a conveyor belt it drops into collectors seperated by a sloped surface. From (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) Actually, it looks brighter in person. The camera's exposure meter was fooled by the bright light coming down the stairway. (The stairs will open up inside the train station on the surface.) We've debated the subway lighting. We decided we (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) As J-2 said, the windows in front lift up, and we also build in 'access panels' at key spots around the layout. We're planning on running the subway trains using RCX power, at a very low power level - so we don't think there will be any (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

I would suggest just going into a Subway Sandwich Shop and looking at the wallpaper;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) Well, everyone else can... you have to build from memory! :) Jake (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

(...) And here I was thinking I'd get around to doing the Red Bird from memory.... you mean we can take pictures of them first? (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: subway info?

Not sure about pics, but keep in mind that there are a bunch of lines that run through NYC and the surrounding burroughs (1-2-3-4-5-6, A-B-C-D-E-F-G...etc.) and not all, but many have different types of cars. The 2-3 line cars are quite different (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stop the madness...

Steve, I agree with all of this except maybe... (...) How do you see this working? I thought that one of the main ideas behind this was so that we could talk off-line without anyone looking over our shoulder. Do you see LD being perminantly on the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: I<whatever>LTC summary

(...) Good point. (I ask it myself in design reviews when people are putting technology in to something because the tech's cool rather than because it's needed) It's a question I haven't 100% sussed myself. There's the sharing of information (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) We have a minifig in a white tuxedo shout out, "De Rail, De Rail!!" ;-) Actually, the red window panels in front are removable, and the track runs exposed on the back side. In the corners might get interesting, though... -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  subway info?

Does anyone have information, specs, maps, links, pictures etc etc related to subway systems, and especially the new york subway? (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) I'm sure this is the kind of thing you guys have thought of, and I'm just dying to know... what happens if the subway derails? Excellent pictures. Someday I want to have that much Lego. :) James (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I<whatever>LTC summary

(...) Great summary! I really feel this helped me a lot to understand more of the issues. One thing I'm not clear on yet, though, with regard to the purpose of the organization, is what current problems it would solve? Or would it just make more new (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

(...) Wow, those are big trees. They rock. Subway: Nice start but... needs more people! (wait, that's J1's line) That guy in the green wizard hat, that's Dan Jezek counting his money after selling you a few key bricks, right? :-) (on the Hawaiian (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I<whatever>LTC summary

(...) I hope you will stay involved :-) I think you've got the widest experience with LTCs (how many are you a member of?). (...) I'd love to see some work on module standards. It would be nice to head towards a standard height for the table (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: AFOLs Caught on Film!

(...) And I hope McSpamcake makes it to the big day too...I want to see him and that's the closest I'll get to him for a while, I feel. -Tim (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people)

  AFOLs Caught on Film!

I was just checking out some of J-1's pics from the Kidvention last summer, and I found one that captured 4 AFOLs who visited us in one random shot: (URL) McDonald in the foreground, Ron Kittle being blocked by Tom's cap brim, John Gramley and (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people)

  Re: It's a P42 (Was: Nice model of a AMD103)

(...) I base it on magazine pictures of a P42 and not a P40. The P42 have full strips and no strobes. Check out the follow links I just looked up... Check out the Genesis page: (URL) Amtrak's Motive Power Fleet info see: (URL) the real pictures at: (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at SMRC Train Show - Feb 24 & 25

(...) And here are the second batch of pictures at the Snowball Express This is of the Great Wall of China diorama (URL) am also posting this in .castle This is the other items on display by GFLTC (URL) credit needs to go to Robin Werner for the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Stop the madness... Please do...

Steve, I am with you on this one! I think all of this jabbering is nuts, I didn't come home from work and log on to see all of this stuff. Lets all take two steps back and take a deep breath and not get to carried away with this at first. Lets get a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What's in a name? (I*LTC)

(...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What's in a name? (I*LTC)

>sipped> (...) Here are some: :)) Or Association of Lego Model Railroading? ALMR? but get this ALMR.org is "Association of Lighting and Mercury Recyclers" !?!?!?!?!? Or National (going off topic) Lego Model Railroad Association. Its open. Or (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What's in a name? (I*LTC)

(...) I don't have any objections, but since I just heard about this in the past few days, it seems rather quick to pick a name within just a few days, especially if it ends up getting written in stone before everyone has had a chance to narrow (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: TeenLTC?

(...) Well, since I've been brought up in this, I'm gonna take the liberty to give a few opinions. ;) First off, I understand you all are enthusiastic about this, and I don't want to rain on your parade, but consider the practicalities of your (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  LEGO Maniac's Webring (Was: Re: TeenLTC?)

(...) Its Courtney :c) (...) Yup. Do you know more what the timeframe will be for it? And, can we get together before I go home for break to chat about it, I leave next Saturday. XFUT: .publish, .admin.general -that 'Tim' I keep hearing about (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The formation of an ILTCO

(...) That's a great way of phrasing it. Absolutely -- LTC's are a special case of LUGs. --Todd (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The formation of an ILTCO

(...) ^^^ "the" or "a"? What region does it cover? --Todd (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: TeenLTC?

(...) He's waiting on some stuff from me. --Todd (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Site updates

Well that has changed a little since that pic. It now has a wire that runs from the front to the top light then to the battery box. I will be taking some more pics soon. Thanks for checking out my site. Dave (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  the first few pictures of the new GMLTC layout

Well, as promised, the construction has begun on the 4th GMLTC train layout. I've got a couple of pictures posted to (URL) first subway station as we were building it, the subway station as it looks through the front windows, and a few trees that I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: TeenLTC?

E-mail any direct TeenLTC comments to: teenltc@hotmail.com If you want to be a member e-mail there too, with the subject as "Join TeenLTC" Josh (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The formation of an ILTCO

(...) Well I can talk from a NELUG perspective. Personally I see no need for both an LTC and LUG in the area. We get along great just as we are, heck I don't think we have a single "Hard Core" Train head in the group. Actually I see the train shows (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: TeenLTC?

(...) Tim Cortney (if it spelt right, btw, tim, is you read this, when is the Lego maniac's webring going to work?)? Josh (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Stop the madness...

... and go build trains!!!!! 1) I will invite privately each train club and LTC arm of LUGs, no one will be left out! 2) *We* will then privately decide on a name which really can be as arbitrary as QWERTY, who cares! (and not have a 'Life of Brain' (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: TeenLTC?

If we are to do this i would like to have a "Teen-Brick-Fest"? I think there aren't very many teens and there would only be two or three teens per LTC (my opinion). and Mentors meaning bosses because thats the exact opposite of what we are trying to (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: It's a P42 (Was: Nice model of a AMD103)

(...) BTW, its also called a P40, but the P42 is slightly different. The AMD103 is the most common name I have heard for it. Josh (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The formation of an ILTCO

(...) In a nutshell, because while we do trains, it's not *all* we do. (It's just all we've done lately...) And we don't (disclaimer: I'm making an assumption here - I haven't checked with NALUG lately, these are things we bantered around last (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  TeenLTC?

Well, here are the proposals: -Ages 10 & up (maybe younger) -possibly some older folks for "mentors" -more... I think this would work great, just like model railroading's teen club, as it would alow teens to show what they can create, and also a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The formation of an ILTCO

(...) Well, let's talk about this, because there are some gray areas here. If a club/group are committed to showing at train shows, then why the reticence using the LTC name form? I don't think it's silly to use both, because perhaps there are or (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The formation of an ILTCO

(...) This is especially true if you want the 'I' to stand for 'International'. Martin (In Australia) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The formation of an ILTCO

(...) Just using those as an example because I thought that they are the most common nationwide. Participating in *any* public train show is fine by me:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Building a gravel silo

I'm not quite sure I follow your ASCII art. Can you post a picture some place (either a picture of what you got or a drawing in paint)? Frank Buiting <frank.buiting@infopulse.nl> wrote in message news:G9F0Kw.5Ms@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) into (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact