 Trains / Train Organizations / 1219
Re: TeenLTC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:46:45 GMT

If we are to do this i would like to have a "Teen-Brick-Fest"?  I think
there aren't very many teens and there would only be two or three teens per
LTC (my opinion).

and Mentors meaning bosses because thats the exact opposite of what we are
trying to accomplish.  Mentors as in- Show Setup (i.e. getting the GATS and
what have ya to et us display)  and help up with construction of moduoles
and so on is what would be good.  I think the person "Tim" I have been
hearing so much about would like to help us??!?

Young kids... If they can really be helpful and can attend meetings would be
good BUT teen is really 12/13 to 18 years of age.

kai

In lugnet.trains.org, Josh Baakko writes:
Well, here are the proposals:

-Ages 10 & up (maybe younger)
-possibly some older folks for "mentors"
-more...

I think this would work great, just like model railroading's teen club, as
it would alow teens to show what they can create, and also a great way to
show them the many possiblities of Lego.  This may have drawbacks though,
but i have some possible solutions already.  The major drawback is MEETINGS.
But, this could be solved by having local chapters (i.e. TeenGMLTC, a young
aged spin off of GMLTC?), and meet once every other month??.  I know lots of
parents would like to see there kid doing something good, and the LTC's
would have future members under their wings.  Or we could have online chats
or something simalar.

If enough people are intersted, i'll get a site going, though some free
server.  We just have to solve the meeting problem.

We'll see,
Josh