 Trains / Train Organizations / 1162
Re: TeenLTC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:21:51 GMT

To All,

In lugnet.trains.org, Josh Baakko writes:
There's been posts by people about not being able to join an LTC because • of
age requirements.  Maybe we should form a "Teen LTC", like the model
railroading teen club?  I could develop a website at nbci.com (free • server,
could use other servers too).

OK I am confused...

I thought that Kai was posting because he thought that GMLTC was • inappropriate
because it only covered Minnesotta not the Midwest.  I didn't think the
argument was about age restrictions at all.  Isn't Kai a member of MILTC?

Kai is a member of it, even though MLTC is very loosely organized, speaking
as a fellow founding person, I think....

I thought the age issue was only brought up by Larry as an example of a • groups
making a restriction of membership.  To my knowledge NELUG and PNLTC are • the
only openly "over 18" groups.  I wouldn't be supprised if there were other
over 18 groups but to date I don't know of any.

Kai gets very excited, and thing shappen like this.  Kai is a nice guy, he
needs to learn some self-control, especially online. I kept forgetting he
was 12 at the show. I don't know if we will have an age limit or not, I
would prefer not, we will have to discuss such issues like this at our next
meeting in March.

Kai, on a personal note, you need to cam down, and if you have a problem
with people, such as Larry or others, you need to take it offline, and watch
the langauge.

Scott S.
--
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html