 Trains / 10028
10027  |  10029
Subject:
Train show postcard (was Re: Train Show Flyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 00:02:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Ulmer writes:
I recently received this in the mail and since I haven't see it posted I
scanned it in.  Here is the link to it on Brickshelf:

The front has a picture of the build-it-yourself train that will be available
soon via S@H.  The back has some information about the show which will include
"The Royal Train" (Didn't someone mention that the two looked alot alike?)

Hope this is useful for someone,
Brian

Thanks for posting this scan. In a way it's the first "tangible" evidence of
the train summit. Brian Williams is a GMLTCer who happens to live in
Chicago, and had asked J2 and myself to see if he could get some catalogs
sent to hand out at this show and another one he's doing... I put him in
contact with the correct person inside LD and in addition to the catalogs
that were sent, apparently some publicity has been generated using the
mailing lists that LD has.

Although I know this sort of postcard was discussed as a doable thing, I
didn't know they'd be able to do it this quickly.

I'll let Brian W comment further, but I assume this postcard was sent with
his approval. It will be interesting to see what the results are (the
catalogs should have a special source code as well).