 Trains / 10043
Re: subway info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 19:04:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tomas Clark writes:
Actually, if your station is supposed to date from the current "Reign of
King Giuliani," all of the legless panhandlers have been whisked away
somewhere. I haven't seen one sitting in a station since 1997. The
panhandlers who can stand up do still make their way through the subway cars
where they can't be whisked away as easily.

I mentioned it because I saw one Monday nite, although he was working the
train rather than the station... he scooted on at 53rd/lex (this was on a 6
train) and was with us to Union Square where I detrained.

++Lar