 Trains / 10040
Re: subway info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:

I mainly just need a few photos of a "typical" nyc subway car and any photos of
stations. Details of what sort of things you find in stations (what shops
and/or vending machines) would be usefull.

I will try to grab some pics tonight. As far as vending and shops, I haven't
really seen any vending to speak of other than the machines that sell the
metrocard passes. With shops, lots of stations have newsstands that are
built into the station, and in midtown, there are a few stops that have
entrances into Kmart and other stores.

One other thing to keep in mind about stations is that they all seem to be
somewhere between slightly and highly different. Both in layout and design.
On the D-Q line, for instance, one stop has white tile with blue accents and
lettering, while a few stops up, the station is bright orange tile with
white accents!

Jake
---
AFOL