 Trains / 10036
Re: subway info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 02:54:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Other than that, I can only suggest doing a web search for pics. If I think
about it sometime soon, I can snap off a few pics of the 1-9 line and the
2-3, maybe the D-Q...all the ones I use.

I mainly just need a few photos of a "typical" nyc subway car and any photos of
stations. Details of what sort of things you find in stations (what shops
and/or vending machines) would be usefull.

The nycsubway.org site (sp?) given earlier has all that info and then some.
If anything it has TOO MUCH info. Fascinating reading though.

NYC stations are pretty barren, people don't dawdle around, and machines
would get vandalized/robbed. Just grime and tile walls and steel bars. Some
station hallways (on the way to the gates) have small shops but not nearly
as many as London. (or Sydney, for that matter... some Sydney stations you
can tell were architected to try to look like Underground stations, right
down to the badging.)

If your NYC station is of any size make sure you have a busker or two, and
maybe a legless panhandler.

++Lar