 Trains / 10065
Re: subway info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:23:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
<Extolls the virtues of Boston as a source of proto inspiration>

The main transit types that
I think are missing would be interurban and monorail (of course there
are a few other types of train service Boston doesn't have such as high
speed electric).

Well Boston DOES have Acela, it leaves from South Station. But it's not all
that high speed till it clears the in town trackage...

Of all the T lines I like Green the best because it has so many different
right of way styles (underground ROW, surface separated ROW, surface ROW
down the middle of a boulevard, surface ROW shared with street) and because
of the complex underground trackage. It has some amazing junctions and such.
Because it's trolleylike (insert plug for my PCC model here, I could do it
or a close variant in Green/White if there was enough demand) you board by
climbing steps from grade level. Even underground!

++Lar