 Trains / 10068
Re: subway info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:16:18 GMT

I haven't been in the NYC subways enough to know, but there sure is some
interesting stuff in Boston's T stations. Some inspirations I would take
from the T:

- Track leading off into dark tunnel to nowhere

- Old traction equipment which is either essentially abandoned or just
used for MOW duties parked on unused tracks in stations.

- Road tunnel with electric trolley buses and regular buses (the trolley
buses are interesting sights to see, their trolley poles have a very
wide swing, which allows the bus to drive in any lane or pull over to
pick up passengers. >

It's been years since I've been on the T or even driving in Boston, but I
forgot about those electric buses. Way cool. And the T on Commonwealth ave,
I used to love riding that....

One thing I have
always figured to help keep Boston's subways a little cleaner and less
vandalized than NYC is that the subway doesn't run all night.

Frank

I never thought of that, it makes perfect sense...on the surface...
I ride the NYC subways everyday & at all hours. What amazes me is the
'nonsense' that I see during the rush hours & during the day. The stuff that
people say or think happens only at night. IMO the main reason for the
'dirty' stations has to do with the amount of people using them moreso than
running all night (definetly a factor though). People of all demographics
take part in the littering etc.

Jonathan