 Trains / 10082
Re: subway info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:16:06 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:
I personally have ridden on every branch of the T at one point or another
although I can't say that I have been through every station yet.  (OK I havn't
been on the Mattapan Extension but from what I here I am not missing anything)

I haven't been on quite everything. I've never been on the Mattapan
Extension, or even down to Ashmont. I think I've just been as far as
Quincy Adams (I used to have a friend in Quincy, but I don't think the
line even extended all the way to Braintree back then - oops, just
followed some links to a page with old T maps, I've only been as far as
Quincy Center). I haven't been all the way to Arbor Way or Forest Hills.
I have probably been on just about every train though, even if I haven't
rode that train all the way to it's particular end point. The endpoint
that I've been to the most is Harvard Square (yea, It's not an endpoint
anymore, but the bulk of my subway riding was when I was in High School
and going into MIT every weekend for gaming). Next most would be
Alewife, then Oak Grove (my sister used to live about 4 blocks from Oak
Grove).

When I was younger we lived in Concord about three blocks from the
commuter rail station, and I have fond memories of riding the Budliners
(though I have no memory of riding in the cab though my mom says I have,
one of her childhood friends was an engineer). At that time, the
commuter rail was still run by the B&M.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com