 Trains / 10050
Re: Networked train control?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:32:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Kelly writes:
digitrax's been doing a tcp/ip network for it's control system since 1988?
That would be really forward thinking.  Is the DDC since 1988 or the tcp/ip
as the control system since 1988?

-John

DCC, in a computer controlable version has been around for a longish time.
(the Lentz system...my Marklin catalog is dated :1985, and has a RS232 adaptor
listed)

I'm not sure how Lentz addresses within its system exactly, that's not part of
the public protocall on the systems...I doubt anything that sophisiticated,
given that it was designed probably 83-85.  Remember that Lentz built heavily
on Zero One and the other command control systems that were around before it,
and I know they used chips specific to the application (Zero One especially,
TI made the chip for Hornby).

James