 General / 28331
Re: Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 01:56:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:

I think that if lego is smart they wont do a 9v train set.
If they really want to get the most sales out of it they will do it as a set
that uses the train wheel pieces and such but doesnt come with track,motor etc
(to keep costs down) and get the best of both worlds, in that if they include
motorization instructions then they can get more sales of other trains for the
motor.

Let me clarify.  What I meant was, I hope they do a train, and I hope that it
runs on 9v track.  Not that it has to have track in the set with it, etc.
Not every set that Lego has produced has had power pack, etc., in it. Just that
it does run on 9v track.  Not that other set (Timetwisters/Timetravelors/or
whatever it was called) that didn't run at all.

Let me further clarify, the reason I really want this is because I model
European trains.  (and European buildings) I would really like to have a red
steam engine (Hogwarts Express engine was red), and European passenger cars.

Katie