 General / 28346
Re: Harry P. Movie Trailer / Hogwarts Express Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:27:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason J. Railton writes:
One issue - perhaps someone knows the answer - is the Lego Harry Potter
series licensed from the books, or from the film version?  If it's related
to the film, you might see a decent translation of this 4-6-2 in roughly the
maroon colours of the London Midland and Scotland (LMS) railway, as per this
trailer.  (Though the engine seems to have a few fancy bits of fibreglass
attached.  Even engines have make-up departments in Hollywood it seems).  If
however the license is tied to the books only, and the delays in release are
simply 'convenient' for the film's release, you could get any old small
'cartoony' train, so long as it's red.

It is licensed from the movie.  However, that is no guarantee we will see a
true-to-form steam engine.  For example, just look at the baby dinos for the
Jurassic Park III license!

Jeff