 General / 28347
28346  |  28348
Subject:
LEGO Quality
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 13:48:13 GMT

An experience yesterday, and all the hubub recently about the declining
quality of LEGO bricks got me thinking a bit about quality...

Yesterday I opened an older MISB set (3629 to be specific). It was
almost impossible to build because the bricks were so "stiff", they
wouldn't sit properly. I've also had an experience with a MISB 70's set
(664).

This is interesting to me since I have plenty of bricks at least that
old from used sets, and they aren't similarly stiff.

In addition to this, the blue 2x4 bricks in 664 were yellowed (so much
for sunlight being the cause or at least the only cause of brick
yellowing, at least of blue bricks).

I wonder if the the packaging (box or plastic bags) has any detrimental
effects.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com