 General / 28332
Re: Train Show Flyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 02:24:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main writes:
James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Brian Ulmer writes:
I recently received this in the mail and since I haven't see it posted I
scanned it in.  Here is the link to it on Brickshelf:

The front has a picture of the build-it-yourself train that will be available
soon via S@H.  The back has some information about the show which will include
"The Royal Train" (Didn't someone mention that the two looked alot alike?)

Hope this is useful for someone,

!!

Is this a LEGO sponsored train show?  It sure as heck looks like one, but
the legalese on the back says it isn't.  Does anyone know more about this?

James
(cross-posted for visibility, follow-up back to .trains)

As discussed in lugnet.trains, this was organized by LD.  Everyone in
.trains seems excited about it, but there is something very upsetting
about it to me.  My problem with this postcard is that it makes it look
as though Lego has something to do with the train show...like they are
the ones who put the hard work into making a display and setting it up
for everyone to see.  The postcard even has the official logo on it...a
sure sign of official endorsement.  But what is Lego providing to the
people who organize the show besides catalogs that they can use to sell
more of their product?  What's in this for the AFOL and LTCs?

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Like I said earlier, this is one more thing that adds value to having an LTC
(or LUG) display at a promoter's show. So now not only are the LEGO displays
a natural crowd drawer, but the displays come along with some great free (to
the promoters) advertising. This puts the LEGO displays even in higher
demand for the shows.

Also as far as the show I'm doing next week it is my local NMRA division's
show(Piedmond Divison), so I was really glad that I was able to not only
display my layout at the show but at the same time help promote the show.
This show is the big fund raiser for the Piedmond Divisonand covers most of
the cost though out the year. So I was happy to help out my local NMRA
division (yes I'm a member).

jt

----
James Trobaugh