 Technic / *9401 (-100)
  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) Nope, and I'll tell you why. It is my MOC which is subject to debate. In my shrimp rover, on one of the wheels I used the non-lego parts which are in question. Here is the picture: (URL) is the MOC: (URL) you can clearly see the two plastic (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) Nope, and I'll tell you why. It is my MOC which is subject to debate. In my shrimp rover, on one of the wheels I used the non-lego parts which are in question. Here is the picture: (URL) is the MOC: (URL) you can clearly see the two plastic (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

<<snip>> (...) <<snip>> Hi, once more I manage to grow a big thread in lugnet.technic. I've read 'em all up to now and it looks like the "Yes"-side is bigger then the "No"-side. Still, I feel I don't want to let the modified and "pure" MOC's fight (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Black, Grey and Yellow trials motor bike -- Help wanted

Sounds like you purchased the 8838. Is this a match with the Brickshelf scan? (URL) this helps, Adrian Egli "Keith Fishlock" <raider__man@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gvx19u.7wz@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Black, Grey and Yellow trials motor bike -- Help wanted

Can anyone help me - I recently purchased a Technic Black, Grey and Yellow Trials motor bike with white spoked wheels, spring suspension front and back, 2 moving cylinders driven by a black chain. The problem is that I can't get any building (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Finished!

I finally finished all the captions for the two Bionicle tales on our website. Next to do is the mini gallery and like it says on the site it will stay that way for a bit. -- Thanx~ Nicole~ (URL) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New MOC: RoboArm I

I am not a big fan of Lego pneumatics either, but they are so light weight and a perfect solution in your application. The micromotors have so little power, that you would have to gear them down to get any holding power for your grippers. Then (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MOC: RoboArm I

OH SNAP!! That's really cool! And then Robo Arm 2!!! Dang it looks complicated, can't wait to shake it's hand in person. ;) Oh man, look at all those cool components! Drool! Legomaster (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MOC: RoboArm I

(...) Its already gone, RoboArm II is being worked on. I didnt get video of this one but I certainly will of the next. Things I'm changing for the second, I'd really like to remove all of the pnuematics, I'm not a big fan of it yet, and I think I (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: BimP Needs Your Help

(...) Don't need one ROSCO...you can also view BimP at: (URL)To increase the friction on an axle, use the hose reel / holder (part 2584 and (...) Thanks for getting us started with the great tip! (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Black beams on Shop at Home

It's available only in the US. Go to this menu: Accessories and Bricks/ Lego Technic/ Special This link might be too long to post. If it wraps, cut and paste the pieces to your browser: (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Black beams on Shop at Home

(...) Yes, it's in the US. Look under: “Accessories and Bricks > Lego Technic > Special". The item is 5235, Large Beams with Holes. TJ (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BimP Needs Your Help

(...) Well, I don't have a PDA, but here's my first tip: To increase the friction on an axle, use the hose reel / holder (part 2584 and 2585) ROSCO (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Black beams on Shop at Home

I went on the site and could not find these. Is this not available in the US? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Brenner" <Pal5906@aol.com> To: <lugnet.technic@lugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 8:03 AM Subject: Black beams on Shop (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  BimP Needs Your Help

BimP is considering a new "Tips and Tricks" section. Imagine, carrying the best Technic/Robotic tips on your PDA! In order to do so, I need the help of the LUGNET Community. What we are looking for are short little tips such as "the best way to join (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Black beams on Shop at Home

(...) Looks like US only? Australia (Europe) has 5233 short black beams only. But it *does* have 5250 *yellow* beams (4x16,4x12), of which I already bought a few 8?) Works out pretty similar (AU$) 1x16 $1.14 1x12 $0.86 ROSCO (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cat 980G Series II Wheel Loader (minifig scale)

(...) up (...) Yep, I already found them! And liked them! My current project is a mobile crane based (loosely) on the Liebherr LG1550, like the one Dennis did, but about 1:60. Should be finished for the June MoTeC, if I can work at a good way to do (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cat 980G Series II Wheel Loader (minifig scale)

(...) I basicly stuck to my lone thought, although I think it could use a little tuning, some details on it are yet to be finished also... (...) The downside of the size... I'd like to get a Pettibone Forklift, one of the TALL ones, but I can't seem (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: RoboArm I

That is a very impressive piece of engineering. I find it hard to comment on a particular part. It is all very well done. I hope you took a little video of it in action before it is dismantled. What are your hopes for the sequel? -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ... *my* lego

Hi again, We could go on argueing forever. Instead, let me address the creativity, replicability and modifications issues using Lego (and only Lego!). Enter the Blue Bike. (URL) the time of building it, the only flex system pieces I had were the (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

I just thought I would share an interesting experience I had that is related to this subject... In October at our local Toronto area Lego robotics competition, someone brought in a wall climbing robot that had been built by an official Lego designer (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New MOC: RoboArm I

Hello all, I've posted pictures of my newest robotic creation, RoboArm I. (URL) actually happend by accident, I was tryin to find the simplest method to drive a turntable using 2 micro motors. I found a solution I was happy with using only a few (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build) !

  Re: Black beams on Shop at Home

(...) Great news, Mike. FWIW, the set number is 5235 from 1993. At $3.99 it works out as follows based on a $/stud ratio! 2 1x16 bricks $0.59 each 2 1x12 bricks $0.44 each 2 1x10 bricks $0.37 each 4 1x8 bricks $0.30 each Plus shipping, of course. (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ... *my* lego

(...) Well, there is another good argument for not modifying your parts. Chances are, the part in question came from a set. Modifying the part will effectively ruin the set, or ruin the value of the set. (...) There is no flaw with any creation (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Black beams on Shop at Home

Just in case all you Technic heads were interested I came across large technic beams on shop at home. On the technic pull down menu they are under special. Mike (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ... *my* lego

(...) As I said earlier, I'm very tolerant. By no means I was trying to imply that MOCs with modified pieces do not interest me. Of course they do, and I truly appreciate the creativity put into them. But I won't cut or modify *my* Lego pieces for (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cat 980G Series II Wheel Loader (minifig scale)

(...) details. (...) Tell me about it! I've got a new respect for minifig scale builders after doing my crawler crane. (...) Cool! Stay tuned for my next one, too - between us, we could just about set up a minifig construction company! ROSCO (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Cat 980G Series II Wheel Loader (minifig scale)

Well, the first real life pics (sneak peek at the whole thing!) are up! There are also 11 pictures of a Prototype 980G. (URL) bucket hydralics are not exact, but its complicated to do at that size. I think the cab turned out well also. More to come (...) (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) I've gotta disagree here - sometimes finding the best way using modified parts is just as much a challenge as doing it "pure". (Yes, I have used some modified parts - I just don't like to broadcast it!.) So I'd like to see models with minor (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) Name suggestion - call the 'modified' category "MoTeC Unlimited". If you're going to allow modified bricks, though, you should also allow MegaBlox and homebrew robotics parts... --Bill. (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An OrthoGlide Mill

Thanks for your comments Rob. The crossed rubber belts are a last ditch attempt to remove the backlash from the joints. The use of friction pins caused the joints to become so stiff that the platform would not follow the action of the arms. I found (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) In support of this, when I made my silver champ, I found that a piece of corrugated tubing was missing. Some time later (about six months) I phoned up Lego and asked if they could send me my missing piece. As the model was packed away, I could (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An OrthoGlide Mill

Beautiful! I saw that page on parallemic as well... Looks like you did a good job making the lego version! I liked the multiple worm gear setup you used to take up the backlash. Just a couple of questions... What are the crossed rubber bands for? Do (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

I've read all the posts on this subject and in my mind all the arguments reinforce my idea of a two tier Motec. I've had another thought since my earlier post. Purists who wanted to compete against modified models could easily enter the modified (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

There are times when a part must be cut to length. The only offence here is pretending that you did not. This drives others insane when they try to reproduce your MOC. Admit it and document it. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) agullo" (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

Hey, Tobbe, maybe you could just go with a "Spirit" of a contest. You know, the best and coolest MOC wins. People Are gonna vote for what they like anyway. In the end do the specs really matter if people are gonna vote with different perspectives in (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) What paper do you recommend? I picked up a pack of Birdcage-Rated scrap at the local Office Depot, and I pretty much got what I paid for. I didn't want to drop an additional $20 on an unknown product, though. For that matter, what kind of (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

In lugnet.technic, Brian Sadowski writes: Hmmmm.....Good Point. E (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GvqwI4.Kor@lugnet.com... (...) Why (...) I think TJ said it all with respect to cutting pneumatic tubing; there are simply some parts where being cut to length is by definition part of (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) I've slid a bit, I guess. I still don't like cutting of elements (although maybe if it was done by someone else that had a computer controlled milling machine!) but I now fully support (as in, I use them in my production custom sets): - custom (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

I just wanted to elaborate on my reasoning. Using such things does take away from the 100% lego idea, which is seldom a good thing to do. Although, I do believe these worms gears are an issue. Only if these non-lego parts are used in a (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

(...) Certain pieces, like pneumatic tubing, almost require cutting in order to use them. In fact, a lot of Lego produced sets come with long lengths of tubing and instruct the builder to cut them to length. How about the stiff "flex" tubing (the (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

Ahmen! Can I hear a Purist oh "H*ll Ya!" (I gotta say, Jenifer's stuff is really great, She has included non-Lego parts custom made by John Barnes in her MOCs. I hear they work Jim-Dandy. It's just not for me or other Purists.) Legomaster (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Cutting Lego, any Lego ...

... is not acceptable in my book. I don't specially like corrugated tubes, but that doesn't mean I can cut them up (I'd rather just not use thwm). Why would be cutting some pieces OK and cutting others (i.e. axles) not OK? I'm generally a pretty (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@cs.com> wrote in message news:GvqJos.Eu5@lugnet.com... (...) Easy - just use a bit of corrugated tube of the right length as a washer. I'm assuming that cutting flex and corrugated tubes is acceptable ;-) Jennifer (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

Check me out preaching Purity! And I never even entered the Contest! (chants ~Mech~ quietly) Legomaster (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

Tobbe, Keep it Pure! That is part of the Challange! Finding ways to work with the short commings is part of building. True the worm gears have a significant amount of backlash, but using wormgears without another means to soak up the slack needs (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) I've never had any problems. (...) I think if we follow this route we should split the competiton into two catagories. Keep the current rules and add a parallel class for models containing modified parts. I realise this would create more (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic/Mindstorms™ at BrickFest 2002

(...) I wonder how high the ceilings are there? He-he ;-) TJ (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) I think small modifications should be allowed, as long as the finished model is 99% pure Lego. In the end, it should all be up to the voters. If they don't like modified Lego parts, or non-Lego parts, in the models then they will not vote for (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

(...) I see no reason why not. Of course *I'd* never use such modifications o8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: An OrthoGlide Mill

"Bob Fay" <rfay@attbi.com> wrote in message news:GvoyrL.G8x@lugnet.com... (...) You put a lot of work into it, and have a great result! Iain (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

I certainly think it should be allowed. -Brian (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

No!!!! :( SRL (...) <<<<< (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC rule question.

Yes!!!! :) JB (...) <<<<< (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic/Mindstorms™ at BrickFest 2002

BrickFest 2002 is planning on expanding on last year's events and themes by adding a selection of Technics/Mindstorms™ activities. This will include three categories of fun and games spread throughout the three day fest - MOC display, competitions (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics) !

  MoTeC rule question.

Hi all! As you might or might not know the MoTeC competition/challenge is all lugnet.technic readers competition and I feel you all should be able to improve on the competition. A question about the rules have come to mind. The worm gears needs some (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  An OrthoGlide Mill

I have posted some pictures and a movie of my attempt to build a working OrthoGlide Mill. I was only moderately successful. I have cut candles, toast, sidewalk chalk and now the ........ Well, you will see! (URL) Fay THE SHOP (URL) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Any musical instrument?

(Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment) Amnon, I sent you an email but it bounced. Is your website still up? (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8277?

(...) 8277 ("XXL" set or "yellow robot") comes in a very large (and flimsy) box. It is in a lot of ways like the UCS boxes, light cardboard, and IIRC, flaps that could theoretically be peeled back (but usually just rip). There is an inner box to the (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  8277?

Some time ago i got a 8277 from TRU when i checked it on the Lugnet guide it came up as the yellow robot. But the one i had was only tke torso of the robot? Anyone know about this. (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Any musical instrument?

(...) I will be interesting to see how you create the sounding board and the tuning pegs to hold the strings. Keep us informed, can't wait to see & hear it. Ralph (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Any musical instrument?

(...) Sweet!!! Looking forward to the full size. Best DaveG (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Any musical instrument?

(...) One word: Jikes! (...) I don't even want to start thinking about the amount of pieces that would require. Hope all goes well with the stringing! /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Any musical instrument?

Hey that's great! How very cool! Wow a full size one in progress! I can't wait to see it!!!!! That's really something!!! Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: Any musical instrument?

I'm on the brink of stringing up my full-sized, playable LEGO harpsichord. But for fun, I made a miniature "mock-up" version (out of LEGO, of course) of what the final instrument will eventually look like: (URL) slightly bigger than Miniland scale, (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build) !

  Re: Autocar competition Parts arrive

For those who are interested, I have uploaded scans of the text which came with the parts: (URL) A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  MoTeC March: Winners

FUT: lugnet.technic X-Post:announce, build.contests, robotics, modelteam & technic Hi all! The MoTeC winners from March: #1 with 37% of the votes: Ross Crawford with his stunning helicopter! #2 with 20% of the votes: Andrew Bisell with his Caterham (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MoTeC February: Winners!!!

Right on, I have seen some of Brian Sad's work in person. His stuff is great. He uses more than just great designs for the MOC's he makes, the techniques he uses are top notch. I must say that his ablility to create is just begining to be seen. Many (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) OK. But the set as supplied doesn't include extra pieces to create the linkage, or connect it to the steering mechanism - you need extra parts & some good engineering, so yes, I would say "just potential" 8?) That potential has probably been (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) The rear wheels have drive, they just didn't connect the steering to them, they locked them instead. I was suprised that they didn't show a mod to bring to steering all the way to the rear wheels, as it goes most of the way there to go to the (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Marble Pump

Greeting All, I've completed my Lego Marble Pump based on Matthias Wandel's marble pump elevating mechanism (Thanks for enspiring me Matthias): (URL) pump runs very smoothly, reliably, and pumps marbles at a rate of 30 marbles per minute. Check it (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) Just Potential? All the parts are there to make it 4 wheel drive and four wheel steer. All four wheels have the drive/steering pieces. Roy (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) Hmmm... I've seen that model on the net only, think I'll have to build it. And why did my mind sing on Monty Python's "Spam"-song with the word "Crane" instead of "Spam" when I saw your post? :) /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) The 8459 Front Loader has four wheel drive and sort of four wheel steering. Actually, it has a centrally operated articulated body, but it is still very nicely done. Fredrik (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) There is also the 8460 crane. I recently made one of these from the Brickshelf scans (red instead of yellow :-) and while it is an excellent model in most respects, I found the pneumatic control of the boom a bit naff. IMHO the system used on (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) As Rosco already wrote, no. The only other sets with 4 wheel steering that I know of is 8660 Arctic rescue unit, 8446 Crane Truck / Monster Crane Truck and 8830 Rally 6-wheeler but they all have 6 wheels total. /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: CAT 980G Series II Wheel Loader Questions

(...) I think people who do this should be called Brick teasers :-) Steve (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) Although the new 4x4 offroader certainly has the "potential" to get 4w steering. ROSCO (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: CAT 980G Series II Wheel Loader Questions

(...) above (...) maybe 'cos they're used so extensively in the 4561. ROSCO (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

(...) Nope, but quite a few people here have "rolled their own". ROSCO (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering

Have there been any sets other than the 8880 supercar that have 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering? Adrian (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: CAT 980G Series II Wheel Loader Questions

(...) I thought the same thing. (...) No but it sounds good! So far I have a 1x4x3 clear panel, with 2 1x2 clear bricks, & 2 1x1 bricks with side studs in the middle of the 2 clear bricks (which will have a 1x2 tile on it). Its angled by a 1x4 plate (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: CAT 980G Series II Wheel Loader Questions

(...) [Snipped *insanely long* URLs, thanks heaps, CAT!] I think you accidentally linked to the 980g twice, but I found the other pic anyway 8?) Have you tried using A 4x3 train window, with a 4x2 sloped car windscreen above it (maybe with a plate (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Updates to Technic Front Page

(...) I think the proper place for your page is on the list of fan websites: (URL) added it to the list. Thanks for the suggestion! TJ (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Updates to Technic Front Page

(...) I think that's a good suggestion. I've moved them almost to the top. They're just below the first section now, so you may have to move down just a bit. (...) Well, you ought to check out the whole sidebar every now and then. I do add to it, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Updates to Technic Front Page

i'd like to add my page on differentials to the list... i do have to make |some adjustements like giving rob credit for his torsen, it was such a |long time ago that i made the *.dat that ididn't know who did it, i actualy |thought that i altered (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  MOC 8457

Hello there, I would like to share with you my MOC about the 8457 that I motorized with the "code Pilot" brick. Please go look at : (URL) would like feedback and other experience about the 8457 Play well, Jean-Marc (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  CAT 980G Series II Wheel Loader Questions

I'm in the process of building a CAT 980G Series II Wheel Loader, but I have one problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I need to find a way to build the operators cab. I have some small specifications, the roof of the cab has to be 5x6 in (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: pictures of the modelshow in Geldermalsen 2002

(...) It just came to me this morning, it's s obvious now, the rollers just keep the winch cable's from rubbing on the superstructure, doh! I'd only seen them on a dismantled crane from a different angle befoe now. Steve (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Updates to Technic Front Page

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:52:27 GMT, "Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote: <<snip>> (...) Not add really, but move. I'd like to see the weekly features on top since those are most likely to change and I always forget looking at them 'til I (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: pictures of the modelshow in Geldermalsen 2002

(...) interested in this one: (URL) never seen a crane before with a 7/3 axle split around the turntable before although I am aware of the company that owns the crane. I can see a telescopic hydraulic cylinder connected to the bit that forms the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Updates to Technic Front Page

(...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Updates to Technic Front Page

Thomas, I suggest: (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Updates to Technic Front Page

I've added a little section at the bottom of the sidebar that features good non-Lego references, such as How Stuff Works. If you know of a site that contains good information on mechanical, electrical, etc. concepts and applications, please post a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: UPDATE: MOC: crawler crane

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 25-Apr-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Parts

Well, my little TAIG based machine is now doing production work hollowing out bricks and assemblies of various different sizes. I did a batch of 120 bricks the other night. It would have taken me a week on my manually operated mill. Brick hollowing (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Parts

(...) By the way, I spoke to a Roland salesman. Although their machines have the nice digitizing features, they don't have anything in the price/performance range that Taig addresses. (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Black Gold???

(...) I was going to say that I'm surprized that there are any black beams left in the world ;-) I figured that if anyone wanted black beams, they'd be going to you first. TJ (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Black Gold???

(...) The price is $3.99 US. Listed under item # 5235, and if you are scrolling through the shop, it is under accessories/bricks => lego technic => special. (Though, I am not quite sure why it isn't also in Technic section, it is only under this (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact