 Technic / 7417
Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 15:49:16 GMT

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:GvqwI4.Kor@lugnet.com...
... is not acceptable in my book. I don't specially like corrugated tubes,
but that doesn't mean I can cut them up (I'd rather just not use thwm). • Why
would be cutting some pieces OK and cutting others (i.e. axles) not OK?

I think TJ said it all with respect to cutting pneumatic tubing; there are
simply some parts where being cut to length is by definition part of their
nature - string springs to mind, for example. When lego are making a model
involving flex tubes or corrugated tubes, they'll have them cut to size.
Sauce for the goose and all that, I don't see why I should limit myself by
not cutting them :-)

So, with the pneumatic tubing, you have to cut it to size in kits. To what
tolerances must you make these cuts to keep the model genuine Lego? :-)

Jennifer