 Technic / 7454
Re: MoTeC rule question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 22:54:45 GMT

Does this sound like a good solution to you?

Nope, and I'll tell you why.

It is my MOC which is subject to debate.
In my shrimp rover, on one of the wheels I used the non-lego parts which are
in question.

Here is the picture:

Here is the MOC:

As you can clearly see the two plastic shims used on this one particular wheel.
I was not trying to hide the fact.

The rules already allow for non-technic elements, and as I already stated,
my shrimp rover would work just the same without those pieces.

How are things such as ballast be allowed in the contest where these shims
are not. Ballast effects over stablity on structures and without it, some
structures will not work. There are even lego elements which are
specifically designed for this task.

I can agree that I broke the exact interpretation of the rules, but is this
cheating? No, I dont not at all believe this is any means of cheating.
Punishable by disqualification, not at all.

Since I believe this is a severe punishment, I would like to see a break up
of who voted for it and against it.

-Brian