 Technic / 7424
Re: Cutting Lego, any Lego ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 19:37:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:
"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
... is not acceptable in my book. I don't specially like corrugated tubes,
but that doesn't mean I can cut them up (I'd rather just not use thwm). • Why
would be cutting some pieces OK and cutting others (i.e. axles) not OK?

I think TJ said it all with respect to cutting pneumatic tubing; there are
simply some parts where being cut to length is by definition part of their
nature - string springs to mind, for example. When lego are making a model
involving flex tubes or corrugated tubes, they'll have them cut to size.
Sauce for the goose and all that, I don't see why I should limit myself by
not cutting them :-)

In support of this, when I made my silver champ, I found that a piece of
corrugated tubing was missing.  Some time later (about six months) I phoned
up Lego and asked if they could send me my missing piece.  As the model was
packed away, I could not remember which length it was.  The CS rep just sent
me the longest one and told me to cut it shorter if necessary.

Mark