 Technic / 7461
Re: MoTeC rule question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 16:44:28 GMT

How are things such as ballast be allowed in the contest where these shims
are not. Ballast effects over stablity on structures and without it, some
structures will not work. There are even lego elements which are
specifically designed for this task.

I think it's the 2x6 weight you refer too?

It's very hard to find that part outside US w/o using Bricklink since
Dacta is limited.

Still, they are very expensive. Come to think about it a batterybox
should do the trick in most cases.

The rules were equally discussed in the beginning and nobody mentioned
shims AFAIK but ballast sprung into discussion and nobody was against
it.

Here it is:
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=6605
/Tobbe