 Technic / 7415
Re: MoTeC rule question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 15:31:59 GMT

I just wanted to elaborate on my reasoning. Using such things does take away
from the 100% lego idea, which is seldom a good thing to do. Although, I do
believe these worms gears are an issue.

Only if these non-lego parts are used in a non-structural manner should
these parts be allowed. ie: The MOC still functions the same with or without it.

I'm saying this because I sometimes find myself fixing worms gears out of my
pure desires to make my MOC's as perfect as possible.

The MoTec rules already allow for ballast, string and strickers. These rules
already allow for non-lego parts which are used in a more structual manner
then worm gear shims.

Why would ballast be allowed and worm gear fixes not be. Ballast can be 100%
Lego, Lego makes weighted bricks just for that problem, and ballast would be
more structurally importantant then a worm gear fix.

-Brian