 Technic / 7473
7472  |  7474
Subject:
Key aspect and my vote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 22:54:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Brian Sadowski writes:

my shrimp rover would work just the same without those pieces.

I am as hard-core a purist as they come, but the above argument sounds
pretty definite to me, and more so if we take into account the ballast
question. Cosmetic changes, those non essential to the workings of the
machine are ok. It's not like you can't take them out and still have the
full MOC, right?

I can agree that I broke the exact interpretation of the rules, but is this
cheating? No, I dont not at all believe this is any means of cheating.
Punishable by disqualification, not at all.

Since I believe this is a severe punishment, I would like to see a break up
of who voted for it and against it.

While I agree with you, I also think the word that Tobbe wanted to use is
penalize. Small difference, but in the right direction. In your place, I'd
probably wouldn't be happy about all this. However, Tobbe has a point when
he says that the contest is already small enough to lose participants. I
hope you guys work it out.