 Technic / 7456
Re: MoTeC rule question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 02:30:21 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Brian Sadowski writes:

[Additional stuff added from Tobbe's post]

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
My suggestion is to _allow_ modifications _but_ these MOC's will be
clearly marked as "Modified" on the vote-page and other pages on the
MoTeC site. Also, the information text on the MOC's homepage _must_
specify exactly what parts have been modified, the amount of parts and
how they are modified - or if there is non LEGO elements in the MOC
that should also be clearly specified. If the model is on Brickshelf
there should be a info textfile with this information.

This way it can be up to the voters if they like or dislike modifying.

The relevant model that sprung the question will be disqaulified from
this May voting process and the new rules will spring to action
starting with MoTeC June, when the model might enter again should the
creator decide so. I wont reveal what model it is but it's out of the
competition for May - unless the creator feels ok with that in which
case I'll remove the entry from the vote page ASAP.

Does this sound like a good solution to you?

Nope, and I'll tell you why.

[snip]

How are things such as ballast be allowed in the contest where these shims
are not. Ballast effects over stablity on structures and without it, some
structures will not work. There are even lego elements which are
specifically designed for this task.

I agree, and I don't see any problem specifically allowing non-LEGO elements
such as yours in future MoTeCs, however the current rules (as announced for
the May MoTeC) specifically disallow it, so I agree with Tobbe's decision to
not allow you to enter it for May.

I can agree that I broke the exact interpretation of the rules, but is this
cheating? No, I dont not at all believe this is any means of cheating.
Punishable by disqualification, not at all.

For May, yes. Future MoTeCs ... that's up to how (and if) Tobbe decides to
change the rules after May.

Since I believe this is a severe punishment, I would like to see a break up
of who voted for it and against it.

As I see it, the "voting" was for a future rule change, so the break-up has
no relevance to the May contest.

ROSCO