 Technic / 7474
Re: MoTeC rule question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 21:16:49 GMT

Here's my text I wrote to you:

"I'm perfectly awear of the slack int he wormgears and I know a number
of ways to fix it, all including modified LEGO or non-LEGO pieces.

Personally I also feel that this sort of thing should be allowed.

I'll ask the group."

The only reason I brought it up was because of the another paragraph and the
subsequent e-mail.

"Personally I don't mind modifications as long as, say, 90% is LEGO. But the
rules are there and if your entry does not qualify I might have to
disqualify it to be fair to the other contestants. Or perhaps slot you down
a step on the results."

"I'll ask the group."

This is why I questioned the voting process and how you the disqualification
verdict was reached.

Let me know the other ways would you?

You could allow anyone who wants to change there votes to do so.

And why did you use them if they had no function?

Well, I added those shims to only one wheel. The only wheel with a grey worm
gear, I wanted to see how the shims affected the wheel. I honestly had alot
of internal debate with using such non-lego elements, and I just simple
forgot to take them out for the contest. The shims were not used for all the
wheels, therefore the overall affect was nothing.

I hope to see the shrimp in the next MoTeC though, should the
modifications be allowed.

I don't feel as thought I could re-enter the Shrimp into the competition. It
almost wouldnt be fair to the people who voted this month, to use thier vote
again next month.

-Brian