 Technic / 7420
Re: MoTeC rule question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 16:46:39 GMT

Hey, Tobbe, maybe you could just go with a "Spirit" of a contest. You know,
the best and coolest MOC wins. People Are gonna vote for what they like
anyway. In the end do the specs really matter if people are gonna vote with
different perspectives in mind. I know I'm doing a total about face here, it
just seems to me this could be conteversial. The suject of all this Purity
has come up before. Alot(!)

There are alot of great builders out there who are not afraid to add more
ability to their MOCs, look at the Home Brew Sensor folks.

I'm just saying is there a way to embrace these people as well with MoTec?
Could be.

I admit to Purity, but when I met John Barnes, I took another look at it.

Fact is John's Sensors, Lights and other Gizmo's would be great in my Robots
and Robots yet to come.

Dudes, and Dudetts, He says he's got these Really Bright lights packed into
small Lego Frames. Now I'm a Purist, But that's gotta be cool!
Bright 'O light on the sides or mounted in the Center of the head of one of
My Mechs!

As for WG's, TLC should just say sorry. It would be funny. They could say,
"Wow we didn't realize you all would be so good with the Worm Gears!"

Actually the truth is this:

The space that is lacking in the length of the Standard Lego Worm Gear, has
been scientifically calculated as so when it is used in a variety of ways,
the factor of the distance to pinch your finger in said device would be
enough for a person to withdraw said pinched finger from the device in the,
pardon the pun, in the Nick of Time.

Please refer to the Diagram below:

X=Time it takes for said device to pinch the crap out of your finger if it
gets caught in such a contraption.
Y=Time it takes to say OWW! and whip your finger out of the way of a worm
gear driven Drive Train!!! (come on I know you all have done it!)(LOL!)
Z=legnth of WG

(X)-(Y)=Z

Ok enough.

Later.