 Technic / 7397
Re: Any musical instrument?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 23:01:34 GMT

(Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment)
Amnon, I sent you an email but it bounced. Is your website still up?

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:
And even trickier to get a whole bunch in close proximity side-by-side 8?)

Amnon Silverstein <amnon@best.com> wrote in message
I think this is an understatement. I think it would be a huge challenge to
build something strong enough.
A piano key, however, would be a really cool project. I saw a diagram of
one once, and I thought about trying to build a Lego model of a single • piano
key. The mechanism is so tricky and clever.

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:
Hmmm. I imagine a piano action wouldn't be out of the question, either. • The
main problem I can see is with the strings - if you're looking at 4 • octaves,
thats 48 fairly tight strings, which is going to put a fair bit of strain • on
whatever base you attach them to.