 Technic / 3181
Re: Any musical instrument?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 00:34:17 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Amnon Silverstein writes:
Has anyone thought of anything clever?

Nothing particularly clever... but it should be possible to "tune" one of
the electric motors and play notes from an arbitrary scale on it. The faster
you drive the motor, the higher the frequency emitted, and vice versa. This
works really well with stepper motors (even the ones in floppy disk drives),
but should work to an extent with DC motors as well.

Jennifer Clark