 Technic / 7390
Re: Any musical instrument?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 11:09:22 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I'm on the brink of stringing up my full-sized, playable LEGO harpsichord.
But for fun, I made a miniature "mock-up" version (out of LEGO, of course)
of what the final instrument will eventually look like:

http://www.henrylim.org/MiniatureHarpsichord

It's slightly bigger than Miniland scale, but I'm calling it minitaure, at
least in relation to the actual instrument.

Oh, the full-sized version is actually 5 octaves (61 keys), and does include
Technic parts (so pardon the absence of Technic parts in the miniature model).

-Henry

In lugnet.technic, Henry Lim writes:
Myself being a keyboardist, I've been seriously considering making a single
manual harpsichord (with the strings non-LEGO, of course).  I've worked out
workable mechanisms for the key action.  However, it'll take a while to
collect the parts for 4 octaves.  I'm still fine tuning designs for the
tuning pegs.

-Henry