 Town / 4605
Re: CAT 980G Series II Wheel Loader Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:04:06 GMT

In lugnet.town, Josh Baakko writes:
I'm in the process of building a CAT 980G Series II Wheel Loader, but I have
one problem I'm hoping someone can help me with.  I need to find a way to
build the operators cab.  I have some small specifications, the roof of the
cab has to be 5x6 in size (5 length wise, 6 width wise), & 6x6 at the base.

[Snipped *insanely long* URLs, thanks heaps, CAT!]

I think you accidentally linked to the 980g twice, but I found the other pic
anyway 8?)

Have you tried using A 4x3 train window, with a 4x2 sloped car windscreen above
it (maybe with a plate between)? It only gives you 4 wide, but you can use a
stud either side for cabin structure. Then more train windows for the sides.

(Wait until you see the teaser pictures... I also have an older D7 in the
building stages, and many other peices of equipment planned)

Man I *hate* people that tease...

ROSCO