 Technic / *12701 (-100)
  Re: My new Walker

(...) Hi Daron, Your design looks strangely familiar. Nice to see that the design scales up so well. Welcome to the fun and challenging world of weight shifting bipeds! Keep building! Kevin (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Technica down?

Hi ho! What up with Technica? It redirects to a new URL and gives an 404? (URL) hope it's just temporary since it's such a nice resource... (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HFwK8s.rBH@lugnet.com... (...) if you deliver some kind of power it will fly actively you just have to rotate the rotor the same thing is with the gliders you just have add some force (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

(...) Paul, Why do you say that it does not fly? I've played with non-LEGO versions of these and they certainly do fly. They produce lift. They don't just fall slowly like a paper airplane that glides. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

"jrl" <jrl3d@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HFuys8.1oy3@lugnet.com... (...) in the same "not" as rollo-walkers don't walk :)) but the idea is good it pushes me to remind you and me and all of us searching for flying machine the simpler kind of FM (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  My new Walker

Hey, I have been looking at all the cool mini-walkers and decided to build my own. Its called TLW, and while its not as small as some of the others, (it ended up being about 4.5 inches tall) for being my first working 2 leg walker I like it and I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

Personally I'm not at all impressed with these parts. So the motor is slightly smaller? So what. The 'mindstorms motor'as it's been called is small enough. It's made out of clear plastic. That only makes it harder to camouflage in models. I never (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Oh, how sad, you just lost your masters. Sorry. :: revoke masters wand appears :: Iain (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) I also have the new 4094 Inventor set. After disassembling the 90 degree gearbox, and comparing the grooves with the new clicky joints of (URL) #8558-1 Cahdok and Gahdok, here are some observations: 1. The grooves LOOK similar to part (URL), (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Zipper--the two-piece flying helicopter

I came up with this a little while ago. It's extremely simple, but it's kind of fun and it's the first thing I've seen built of Legos that can actually fly! You can check it out here: (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build) !

"Trevyn Watson" <4tee2@rogers.com> wrote in message news:HFtDoq.A9v@lugnet.com... (...) too (...) the (...) attached (...) I don't have any of those pieces, but on #8558-1: Cahdok and Gahdok I found this piece (URL) look like the counterparts for (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

Thanks, Todd (...) Actually I didn't noticed I was in FTX mode... BTW, could it be possible to keep a cookie with personnal preference about FTX ? While it can be very useful, I'd prefer to default to plain text for most ordinary messages ! (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Reversible pneumatic engine

(...) I found it here: (URL) (...) Thanks for your positive feedback on my engine. My solution is born out of computer engineering, not train engineering. That is why it looks so different than yours. I'm sure that if you build one of the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Reversible pneumatic engine

(...) I used a variation of stephenson valve gear for my adjustable 4 wheel steering concept here (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Reversible pneumatic engine

(...) It can be seen here at CSSOH'S LEGO PNEUMATICS PAGE by scrolling down a little... (URL) here at my Brickshelf gallery which is still under construction and may not be public yet... (URL) is based on a very simple reversing gear which can be (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Reversible pneumatic engine

(...) It's here, among Paul's other creations: (URL) I looked at the Walschaert valve gear. Wow, that is hard for me to (...) Yes, it's truly marvellous what the old locomotive engineers could do with just mechanical linkages. (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: dear lego.....

(...) Yes, it would be very nice indeed. But I'll end up seeing the boxes anyway no matter what since they'll be mine as soon as Lego is selling them :) I also very much liked having an inventory on the side of the boxes of the 3 new technic sets. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  dear lego.....

Dear lego It would be so nice if you could grant us the honour of letting us here at lugnet see box art for the two large technic sets (backhoe and fire truck) that are being released this summer. I am dying to see some detailed pictures of both (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) No, you just forgot the <>'s, that's all. By all means, feel free to select plain text if you're not comfortable posting in FTX! (...) What happens when you click the Preview button?? --Todd (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) No, you just forgot to put the link in <>'s, like this: (URL) Didn't it show up wrong when you previewed before posting? --Todd (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Drive + steering just got better! I could use this with an 8 wide steering rack using the 24t bevel gear drive system! It would probably be in a 12-14 wide truck. But will the transaxle work without the motor, I mean just functioning as a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Hi Paul, I look forward to seeing your reversible engine. I looked at the Walschaert valve gear. Wow, that is hard for me to understand, even with animation. With longer tubes, I could have easily hooked the two multiplexers to the same (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) As i was looking at the picutres, I was thinking: "Where have I seen something lioke that before?". And then I realised: (URL) end of that piece looks a lot like the teeth in those new pieces. I only have piece 41681, and not the piece that it (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Boolean logic using LEGO Pneumatics

I"ve been putting together stuff for my pneumatic presentation at BrickFest. How unlike me to be preparing so far ahead. I put together two kinds of pneumatic gates, AND and OR. These gates are minor redesigns of the ones used in PneumADDic II, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Thanks! (...) Uh.... well.... no. I didn't know they existed. That is the problem with a computer engineer designing a reversible pneumatic engine ;^) To be honest, the reversible engine was used as an example to show off the multiplexer. By (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Kevin, This is truly great! At the moment I barely understand it at all. I must build one. Reversible valve gears have interested me for some time. This is not the first reversible engine. I will soon upload photos to Brickshelf. My version is (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Very cool Kevin! Have you thought of using a sliding linkage like steam train valves? It would make it less than 100% pneumatic, but might make it somewhat less complex. ROSCO (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Just what I need! Is it a differential in the transaxle? Where can you get these and what set are they in? (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Reversible pneumatic engine

Besides bipeds, I also love LEGO pneumatics. Doug Carlson and I have been trying to work on techniques for making single piston pneumatic engine with little or no flywheel. Doug has been having better luck than I but neither of us have acheived the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Links in FTX require an opening < and closing >. Todd, perhaps you could turn on the same "www." and "(URL) recognition that plain text uses for FTX? Some sort of hard character return recognition would be nice too...I'm not in the habit of (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Good luck! (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Eric, that has to be the most eloquent write-up about an AFOL's love of Lego that I've read in awhile. Thanks for reminding me why I receive such enjoyment from reading your posts. -Dave (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) What I'm interested in is the size of the worm box and the ability to add your own legnth of axle to the motor. The motor is just slightly smaller than the current ones. As a Robot Builder, I have to ask myself what I can do with these. As a (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message news:HFqJwE.105I@lugnet.com... (...) ??? I'm not sure what the excitement is about. I was given this set recently (otherwise I would not have gone near it), and I'm not terribly impressed with (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Meeee two, I ordered two that is. I'll get mine and make a walker before you! LOL! The challange is on! e (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Ahh, you know what's good! So, we'll have a new class of Clear Motor Walker soon! e (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) I already ordered two sets ;^) Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

Oh Oh, please excuse my excitment. I often surf the web for breif stints if I am restless late at night. I noticed these pictures and got really excited! Thank you again for uploading these. Sorry about the post jumping. Now, let the hoarding begin! (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Had more time this morning to figure out some alternative ways to hook up the New Motor and Tran case. Here it is with deep links. New Motor to Tran Case using Znap flexible axle (vertical shift, 180 degree) (URL) Motor to Tran Case using (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) There is a groove around the axleholes or a larger hole. The inside of this larger hole has small teeth on it. Interesting but I am not sure of its use since an axle will connect to the other pieces. It could be a sleeve for another kind of (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

Nice motor and gear cases. I would like a few of them :) First I have a few question: 1. What is the small grooves beside the axelholes? If you look closly too all three pieces you will see some small grooves in the casing around the outside of the (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) Sorry for the problem with the links. The new FTX format must be throwing it off and I cannot seem to preview so hope this works. (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

Mmph... FTX got triggered and destroyed the link! here it is: (URL) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) You are welcome Eric. Although I was surprised someone beat me to the punch. I was thinking of posting this morning after mediation from Brickshelf but looks like its OK. Also, I was surprised someone did not post earlier pics. And this is the (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) I guess they come from 4094 inventor set: (URL) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

(...) WOW! Steve (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems

New Gear Boxes and Motor System! Thank you KK Quah! Thank you TLC!!! (URL) Man! Check out the mini worm boxes and transcase! Brain Temperature on the Rise! (*faints....) e (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: Dauphin AS 365 Aérospatiale in Details

All controls of main rotor and fenestron are working. I explain this on brickshelf at the end of my picture page. I plan to make other video, by theme like fenestron, main rotor, landing gear. Marc Schickele (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dauphin AS 365 Aérospatiale in Details

Oh.. what a beuty! I look forward to the MLCAD file. I'm specialy intrested in the controll of the rear fan. Does all the controlls work? Pitch on rear fan and main fan? What other controlls are there? I can see moving landing gears... Regards (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Dauphin AS 365 Aérospatiale in Details

The Helicopter is finished. I post detailled pictures on (URL) little video is available on (URL) step is to modelize this MOC on MLCAD before I dismount it... in a couple of months. If you want more pictures let me know... (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: So that's what you do with those!

(...) And may (...) outside. And there was me thinking it was a StarGate William (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

(...) Which parts are you talking about? If you're talking about the special suspension parts on 8858/8465 or the ones from 8466.... I don't have either those parts. The .mpd file in my brickshelf page (see link below) has a little improvement to (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: So that's what you do with those!

(...) Eeeeeew! Nah I wouldnt make ANYONE do that! (...) be possible to get it even better by having the large flanges on the outside. May even be able to use 3L links instead of 4.... ROSCO (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

(...) Yes - the problem was not the width of the rear axle (it should be possible to shave off abother 2 studs there and retain independent suspension) but the steering mechanism at the front, with the wheels against the cylinder block on full lock. (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 wheel attachments

"Seeun William Umboh" <chimera4@fSaPsAtMmail.fm> wrote in message news:HFJuxn.C1z@lugnet.com... (...) So, (...) each (...) Well... if you want to attach other wheels or gears to the 8466-wheel-attachment. That way you can attach almost any wheels (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: So that's what you do with those!

(...) OK 3's a winner! thanks and sorry.... and do I have to go to .Fabuland again?!? Aww man. (URL) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  dear lego, please make...

Sets that combine all the things that are good about the designer sets with all the things that are good about the old universal technic sets. (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  8466 wheel attachments

Hi, I was looking at the wheel attachments and was wondering whether it can be used with other wheels in the RIS box than the ones provided with the 8466 box. The attachments could fit the wide white wheel hubs. Then I looked at the wedge belt (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: So that's what you do with those!

Eric Sophie's utterance expressed in news:HFJs3H.1z41@lugnet.com: (...) hmm hmm well.. there is a link all right... (...) The link you posted is just for posting a reply to your previous message... Is there anything else you want to share? :) Best (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Interesting crane site update was Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

Another couple of crane links (URL) - Has a great selection of pictures of large cranes. (URL) - Has a collection of scanned crane brochures. Regards Gordon (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: So that's what you do with those!

Hi Eric, I'm still confused by the link. Regards, Paul (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatics along an telescopic boom....

If you make the cylinder stationary - near the base of the boom - then amplify the extension as Jennifer Clark did in her three section telescoping boom idea in: (URL) - you won't have any hose to coil up or deal with. Irv Stafford (So. Calif AFOL) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

Andrea, The drum consist of four equal sections which are put together with a technic beam construction. So there's a frame inside. All four sections are connected to the frame with light grey half pins. Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatics along an telescopic boom....

Okay... forgive me if this idea wouldn't work... I don't actually have the pneumatics to try it out, but what about making a spool at the base of the boom that lets the hose out as the boom stretches and spools it as the boom comes back? In (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  I... I... I don't know what to say. I can't win.

After a long haul of what seemed like an interminable number of math and computer science courses, I finally finished the Computer Science program at my school this April (grad ceremonies are next Thursday, I need to get a haircut). I was talking (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: So that's what you do with those!

Hrrr hrrr, with the Link this time! (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  So that's what you do with those!

Heh, so that's what you do with those! Not bad. Got enough of them myself just sitting around. Anyone game for a Super Tank? Or Crawler Treads? BTW, anyone remember who made that CAD draw of that cool Tread Assymbly? It used Technic parts and I (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scania P124GB10x4/6 concrete mixer (scale 1:13)

(...) Hi Dennis, A question, I don't understand how is inside the mixer structure. Have you details about this ? Thanks Andrea (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatics along an telescopic boom....

(...) One I saw had the hose arranged in a flat "S" arrangement - with the hose going around a wheel that moved at half the rate of the extending boom. Dunno if you could do something like that with LEGO though. ROSCO (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatics along an telescopic boom....

Hi Gerard, I've been known to route hoses through #1 axle connectors with hose, holes in technic brick, and other technic holes. You'd only be able to do this at the end of each telescoping segment, but at least then they would fold instead of just (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Bioniwars followup: Guns & Gear

A number of people requested better shots of the guns, and while most of them look really strange without hands in the way to hide stuff like the oversized handgrips, daytime TV is horribly boring, so I used my extra day off to put together photos (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  pneumatics along an telescopic boom....

Most people who have built telescopic booms use them for cranes... I am not building a crane. However I am using a telescopic boom, and I need movement at the end of the boom. Unfortunately i do not have a micromotor. I do have pneumatics, so i need (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO models during the Modelshow Europe (April 12th)

And here are some more pictures of the LEGO models which were shown on the Modelshow Europe lately: (URL) pictures by Ron Jansen. Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: BioniWars: SpeeToa Bike

(...) It's technically the end of the two-week series, but if I get ideas for additional characters, they'll be added as I finish them. Same thing goes for the three other BatToa Droid variations that I've already designed. (...) I was rather (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: SpeeToa Bike

(...) This is a great addition to the BioniWars line. Kudos on that you were able to make it without much difficultly and capture the trademarked design so well! Even if the flaps do not flap I can tell from the pictures it looks really good. Since (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8445 Indy Racer - badly aligned wheels :-(

(...) Go ahead and ask Lego for replacements. First of all, they typically replace defective parts free of charge. They have done this for me several times. Usually they just ask for you to give them the defective ones. They paid for the shipping (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars: SpeeToa Bike

This is the masterpiece of this theme, coming in at 12-1/16th" long with the flaps open, and standing 7-1/4" tall when piloted. Ironically, while it does use one RoboRider head and one Throwbot foot, there aren't any original Bionicle pieces (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  8445 Indy Racer - badly aligned wheels :-(

Hi all, I just bought a MISB 8445 yellow indy car from 1999 and ALL wheel rims are poorly aligned. (ie they wobble and shake a lot when spun on an axle). It's definitely the wheels that are bad, not the tyres. I went to brickset.com and there's also (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars: Scout Toaper

I was never happy with his gun, so I guess it's a good thing that I came up with a more accurate design Friday night. Not that there's much room for accuracy in a gun that uses only three pieces... Oh, yeah, and while today is the official close of (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Invictus Horriblus- 'The Unconquerable Horror'

I'll subtitle this: 'If at first you don't succeed...' Post mod pics: (URL) is a Long term project that lasted close to two two years partly due to structural flaws and partly due to a lack of parts in the needed colors. Brown (Bone/feather), Dark (...) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  BioniWars: Boba Fetoa, ROTJ Style

Hey look! It's the bounty hunter who's so nice, I made him twice! And yes, I did give him the correct gun (you'd be surprised how many hard-core SW fans think he has the same rifle in both TESB and ROTJ). (URL) (21 years ago, 25-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 1x14 yellow technic beams

(...) The R&P isn't due out until September, so it'll be a while for those who are looking for green Technic bricks. Anyways, I unfortunately was in a bit of a time crunch when I hit this part of the Toy Fair showroom, and I didn't make a point of (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1x14 yellow technic beams

(...) for (...) exists. Hi Purple Dave, Bill is quite correct in that this set does contain 2, 1 x 14 yellow technic beams. I recently bought all the inventor sets (except the record and play) and I have the beams right infront of me You can see a (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

(...) You mean somewhat like these hubless motorcycles? (URL)Is this set a S@H set only? Or is it coming on the shelves soon? (...) It was at Toy Fair, which means that it should be standard retail. I think I've also heard reports on FBTB of people (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

(...) I was a bit confused by your wording here, but I think I understand what you're asking. You want to be able to firmly lock this down to one piece (the turret assembly, for instance) and use gearing inside to spin the rink, thus causing the (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1x14 yellow technic beams

(...) I hate to break this to you, but the monkey model doesn't have room for a 1x14 brick, and I can't see one anywhere in the goldfish, so unless it's used in the other four unphotographed models, I don't think such a beast exists. (...) Now there (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Ooops!

(...) Thanks to *Simon* for the pic, and Tobbe for the pointer (for the occasional visitors among us). heh. LFB (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

(...) Thanks for the pic, Tobbe! But I'm mildly annoyed at the wheel. Why? Because it would be a stunningly good turret ring for a warship or very large crane (or tank), <i>except</i> that there seems to be very little ability to hold the wheel (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:HFC4Ax.1Fy5@lugnet.com... (...) brick (...) in (...) it (...) I want 2 of those set (at minimum) so I have at last 4 of those wheels. I'm thinking of making a car with four wheels. (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Switch on Battery box

I'd like to finish this by saying, that Paul sent me a replacement a little more that a week ago, thanks for the help&service S (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: 1x14 yellow technic beams

The same set also contains a pair of yellow 12x7 wings (the same ones as used in the big technic plane / shuttle set) -----Original Message----- From: Bill Blackmer [mailto:bill@bbccd.org] Sent: 24 May 2003 02:17 To: (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dangerous Precedent

(...) Almost all of them are useful, given the right inspiration. Just take a peek at this MOC to see a total of ten different Throwbot/RoboRider/Bionicle shapes used in non-standard ways: (URL) Stuff like the Matoran throwing arm are really tough (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dangerous Precedent

(...) Ah - I never looked closely at bionicle sets before. I may have to start if there are other useful pieces. (...) I've tried both ways, but using just the hole at the base gives me the most clearance. I was pleased (but not surprised) to find (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dangerous Precedent

(...) Why not? I've bought a Destroyer Droid set just for 25% of the red parts. Granted, I've put a lot of the brown ones to good use later, but that's not why I bought it. I also bought a Stunt Race Track just for the one light-green Gali hook. (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars: Boba Fetoa, TESB Style

Hey, the title for the Jango Fetoa article was "Fett: The First". You should have known this one was coming... (URL) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Dangerous Precedent

Some of you may laugh, but I did something last week I've never done before: bought a set just for one piece. The set is 8371, "Extreme Power Bike" and the piece is 32551. It's not in the Ldraw partslist that I have, but it's visible in the cover (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  1x14 yellow technic beams

This set has TWO 1x14 yellow technic beams (URL) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BioniWars: AT-OA Pilot

(...) Spare? Spare?!?!?!? Hah! I laugh in your face! I currently own around 100 Toa and Toa Nuva sets, including all of the ones used for BioniWars MOCs. I think my total brick-based Bionicle expendatures have exceeded $3500 by now (I've been (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BioniWars: AT-OA Pilot

(...) Actually, it's the other way around. I built the AT-OA Pilot first, and then immediately followed it with the TOA Fighter Pilot. It's just coincidence that their release order is flip-flopped. I believe this is the order in which I built (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact