 Technic / 10465
Re: 1x14 yellow technic beams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 21:39:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, William Howard writes:
Yes, that is great news, since the yellow 1 x 14 has never been in a kit
before!!  The technical brick in YELLOW 1 x 14 (#32018) has never been
released before!

     I hate to break this to you, but the monkey model doesn't have room • for
a 1x14 brick, and I can't see one anywhere in the goldfish, so unless it's
used in the other four unphotographed models, I don't think such a beast
exists.

Hi Purple Dave,

Bill is quite correct in that this set does contain 2, 1 x 14 yellow technic
beams. I recently bought all the inventor sets (except the record and play)
and I have the beams right infront of me

You can see a photo of them here;
http://www.briktrak.com/images/technic1.jpg

You are correct in that these pieces are not used on the main monkey model,
but as these are similar sets to the new designer sets, you get a whole
ideas book inside each box with many different models to build. The 1 x 14's
are used on some sort of cricket insect model and you can see a picture of
the page here;
http://www.briktrak.com/images/technic2.jpg

I'm not a technic expert (I bought these sets for some other new parts) but
there does appear to be some pretty hard to find and new pieces in these
sets. Bill mentioned the yellow wings, there's also a new 9v motor (at least
I think it's new), and 2 other self contained technic gearbox type pieces
(sorry I don't know the technical name for this stuff) where you connect 2
axles into the part and the transmission is flipped 90 degrees. One of these
uses a worm screw type arrangement (once again I'm not an expert with
technic, so please don't laugh at my descriptions!!). All of these 3 parts,
including the motor have a trans-clear cover, so you can see what is
happening inside.

Hope it helps - like the designer sets, these are pretty nice new sets.