 Technic / 10462
Re: 1x14 yellow technic beams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 15:29:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, William Howard writes:
Yes, that is great news, since the yellow 1 x 14 has never been in a kit
before!!  The technical brick in YELLOW 1 x 14 (#32018) has never been
released before!

     I hate to break this to you, but the monkey model doesn't have room for
a 1x14 brick, and I can't see one anywhere in the goldfish, so unless it's
used in the other four unphotographed models, I don't think such a beast exists.

Hopefully, they will bring back the GREEN 1 x 12 and Green 1 x 16 brick and
release the GREEN 1 x 14. I can dream!

     Now there you're in better shape.  Looking through the 2003 Product
book, on the crab model from Record and Play (4095), I can see two 1x16, two
1x12, two 1x8, two 1x6, and what appears to be two 1x12 or longer with one
end chopped off (I can make out half a hole butting up against a light-green
1x2 brick in two places, and I can confirm at least 1x10 length present in
the model, but the other end is hidden inside the model).  I can also
confirm at least three light-green 1x4 bricks, and what is either two more
of the same or a 1x10.  The set retails for $49.99, and a lot of what you're
paying for is some variation on the RCX/Scout/Microscout bricks, but if
you're mostly after those green bricks, it's probably a better option than
the 8446 Crane Truck.