 Technic / 10463
Re: Hailfire Droid wheel.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 16:07:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  But I'm mildly annoyed at the wheel.  Why?
  Because it would be a stunningly good turret
  ring for a warship or very large crane (or tank),
  <i>except</i> that there seems to be very little
  ability to hold the wheel immobile inside a
  structure and allow the interior gearing to turn
  alone.  A few well-placed Technic pin holes in
  the ring between inside and outside wheel would
  have been very helpful.

     I was a bit confused by your wording here, but I think I understand
what you're asking.  You want to be able to firmly lock this down to one
piece (the turret assembly, for instance) and use gearing inside to spin the
rink, thus causing the entire turret to rotate with it, right?  I'd be very
surprised if it wasn't possible to build bricks around the outside in such a
way as to lock into the giganormous teeth running around the circumference.
After that, all you'd need to do is build another layer above the ring to
trap it in place.  I'd say your biggest problem is going to be figuring out
a way to keep the turret firmly attached to the base portion.