 Technic / 10486
Re: 8466 wheel attachments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 17:13:41 GMT

"Seeun William Umboh" <chimera4@fSaPsAtMmail.fm> wrote in message
news:HFJuxn.C1z@lugnet.com...
Hi,
I was looking at the wheel attachments and was wondering whether it can be
used with other wheels in the RIS box than the ones provided with the 8466
box. The attachments could fit the wide white wheel hubs. Then I looked at
the wedge belt wheel, and found that the attachment could fit that too. • So,
the question is, is it practical to fit 1 or 2 wedge belt wheel(s) into • each
attachment and then connect, say the yellow hubs, to the attachment via an
axle through the yellow hub and the the wedge belt wheel(s)?

I am a newbie at this, so forgive me if it's obvious... Thanks a lot...

Well... if you want to attach other wheels or gears to the
8466-wheel-attachment.
That way you can attach almost any wheels you want to the
suspension-steering system.
For instance you can make a belt driven vehicle with a gear attached to the
axle both in front and back with a belt on each side, then you will get
suspension on the belt, without steering.... (bad way to make it though)