 Technic / 10531
Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:39:50 GMT

"Trevyn Watson" <4tee2@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:HFtDoq.A9v@lugnet.com...
Øyvind Steinnes wrote:
1. What is the small grooves beside the axelholes? If you look closly • too
all three pieces you will see some small grooves in the casing around • the
outside of the axelhole. Looks like a way to attach each of those units
together without using bricks, and that enables the gearboxes to be • attached
in a angel to the engine or to each other...

As i was looking at the picutres, I was thinking: "Where have I seen
something lioke that before?". And then I realised:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/41681

The end of that piece looks a lot like the teeth in those new pieces.

I only have piece 41681, and not the piece that it goes with, so maybe
someone who has both could comment?

I don't have any of those pieces, but on #8558-1: Cahdok and Gahdok  I found
this piece
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/41679
that look like the counterparts for 41681, but I dont see the use of that
with the new motor...

I was thinking of a tube with this cind of grooves on the outside, and the
axle goes inside without tuching the tube so it can run freely.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix

Trevyn.