 Technic / 10508
Re: New Gear Boxes and Motor Systems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 17:44:12 GMT

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message
news:HFqJwE.105I@lugnet.com...
New Gear Boxes and Motor System!

Thank you KK Quah! Thank you TLC!!!

Oh Man! Check out the mini worm boxes and transcase!

Brain Temperature on the Rise!

??? I'm not sure what the excitement is about. I was given this set recently
(otherwise I would not have gone near it), and I'm not terribly impressed
with the motor or gearboxes. I'm pretty sure the mindstorms motor is still
the gold standard in terms of efficiency. This clear motor seems cheaper and
makes a nasty whining sound. The mindstorms motors just purr :) And the
gearboxes are just one piece equivalents to standard technic assemblies.
There seems to be quite a bit of play and slop in the bearings, especially
the bevel gearbox. None of these new parts have holes or slots for technic
mounts. I guess the only cool thing about these parts is that they are
clear. But I don't care about that. Heck, Eric if you want them, I will send
them to you :)
Rob