 Star Wars / 2535
Re: Ep1 peeves (includes spoilers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 17:00:22 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:
Maybe the breathing devices were good for other environments as well?  Even
so, it was a bit too James Bond-ish.

BTW, I can't figure out why they didn't use those when the gas started
leaking out...  Why did they take a deep breath and hold it instead?

6.  TC-14 reminded me of Joan Rivers, and that Quadrofoofoo podracer guy
    reminded me of a flat, bendy McDonald's happy meal toy.  =[B^p

What was TC-14?

TC-14 was the protocol droid at the very beginning of the film -- the one
who served drinks to OWK & QGJ and reported to the viceroy that the
ambassadors might be Jedi.

5.  This business about Anakin's immaculate conception was really
    disappointing.  Hopefully it will end up being a lie, with either
    Palpatine or Maul being Anakin's real father.  :'I

I'm thinking it was a genetic engineering thing.  Maybe the precursor to
the Clone Wars?

Gotta be!  Gotta be!  (Can't wait for the Clone Wars in Ep2/3!!!)

Say, a friend of mine here in town has an additional theory related to that
one...

Shmi said that all slaves had hidden transmitters embedded in their bodies,
and Anakin said that he'd tried to find his (but hadn't yet).

So...
What if the reason Anakin hasn't found his yet is because there -isn't- one?
What if it's just a coverup to what they really installed into Shmi? -- an
embryo?  Naturally, she would pass this information on to Anakin if she'd
been lied to about the transmitters.

OTOH, the idea of embedding transmitters makes a lot of sense.

--Todd