 Star Wars / 2409
2408  |  2410
Subject:
SW plots (Spoilers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 17:21:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, lar@voyager.net (Larry Pieniazek) writes:
[...]
Critics are right, plot was a bit thin but it's a glorious movie
nonetheless. [...]

Indeed!  SW is proof that a god exists, and that he wants us to be happy.

But I don't agree with critics about the plot being thin -- at least not
when compared to the other 3 movies...

Ep4 in a nutshell:  Steal secret plans from the bad guys, recruit some good
guys, get captured by the bad guys, escape from bad guys, blow up the bad
guys.  Then celebrate victory.

Ep5 in a nutshell:  Run from the bad guys, hide from the bad guys, train for
fighting the bad guys, then one good guy gets captured by the bad guys and
the other good guys flee.

Ep6 in a nutshell:  Go rescue the good guy, kill the bad guys who stole him,
go get some more guidance for fighting bad guys, sneak up on the bad guys,
kill the two head bad guys (one of whom turns back into a good guy), and
then blow up all the other bad guys.  Then mourn death of good guy and
celebrate victory again.

Ep1 in a nutshell:  Bad guy orders invasion of good guys so he can twist
events and gain power, good guys run away and come back with another good
guy (who'll later be a bad guy), bad guy kills good guy, good guy kills bad
guy, good guy blows up bad guys.  Then mourn death of good guy and celebrate
victory again.

I saw one of those upright things from lightsaber duel, it must be a
water trap/moisture farm column or something.

I think it's a moisture vaporator for extracting water from the air --
a great thing for the arid Tatooine climate.[1]

The "vehicle" I laughed at the most was Darth Maul's little scooter, the
LEGO version is actually bigger than the one in the movie!

That's a vehicle I wouldn't've minded if TLG had made a special piece for --
something based on the three-wheeler bike or something -- if they could have
used it in the speeder bikes.  BTW, my jaw dropped when DM took off over
that cliff like it was nothing.  Pure genius, that Lucas!

--Todd

[1] Not sure why all the planets in the SW universe have a single climate,
but oh well.  Maybe the habitable portions are small.  :)