 Star Wars / 2624
Re: Ep1 peeves (includes episode 2 spoiler-maybe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 22:57:30 GMT

On Mon, 24 May 1999 22:04:18 GMT, Charles Spindell uttered the following
profundities...
[SPOILERS/SPECULATION]

I heard that Episode II will deal primarily with the Clone Wars and the love
affair between Anakin and Amidala.  With the extinction of the Sith over a
millennium ago, I feel that Palpatine has somehow reconstructed the DNA
sequence of the Sith.  So, in Episode II, I suspect we will see a revival of
Darth Maul-like characters which the Jedi Knights will suppress.  Hence, the
Clone Wars.

What does everyone think?  After a dosage of a new Star Wars film, I thought I
had my share for awhile.  But waiting several years for Episode II is going to
be torture!

This introduces one of many continuity problems between
Episode I and IV-VI that I have observed. Obi-Wan was a
designation Kenobi was supposed to have received during the
Clone Wars, as I understood it, yet he has it in Episode I.
This leads me to wonder if the Clone Wars had already happened.

One of the other continuity problems stems from the fact the
OWK is QGJ's padawan, yet in Ep V, he instructs Luke to go
to Yoda on Dagobah, to be trained by the Jedi Master that
trained him. OWK does mention Yoda-imparted wisdom to him
about his visions in the beginning of the film, but who
actually trained him? Yoda or Qui-Gon???
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/