 Star Wars / 2430
Re: Ep1 peeves (possible spoilers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 03:23:11 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

<<a lot snipped>> Most of my nits seem to be with the
visuals (the cartoony alien animation, that is, not the hard-core ships &
lasers SFX) and the sounds (voices, acting, etc.) -- none of those would be
ruined in the book.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the movie a third time!  I loved it more than
Empire and Jedi!  (Ep4 is still the best screenplay, though.  :)

--Todd

It looks like we're in the minority but my wife and I both hated Episode I and
we're huge Star Wars fans. A lot of it was the cartoony effects (we hated the
Special Editions too) but mostly it seemed to us the movie had no soul.  Nothing
seemed to matter.  Sure, there was eye candy but there seemed to us nothing
underneath the glitter.  Even the mystical Force was subjugated to being caused
by microorgranisms.  When Anakin was leaving his mother, we yawned.  Frankly, we
thought this movie didn't deserve the Star Wars logo.  Yes the ships are cool and
we'll get all the LEGO sets but we will probably not see the movie again.