 Star Wars / 2641
Re: Ep1 peeves (includes episode 2 spoiler-maybe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 13:14:29 GMT

Joey Feland wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Richard Dee writes:
One of the other continuity problems stems from the fact the
OWK is QGJ's padawan, yet in Ep V, he instructs Luke to go
to Yoda on Dagobah, to be trained by the Jedi Master that
trained him. OWK does mention Yoda-imparted wisdom to him
about his visions in the beginning of the film, but who
actually trained him? Yoda or Qui-Gon???

Well, TPM the book says that Jedi start training at 1 year of age, Yoda
probably trains for the first 10 years and then they apprentice with another
Jedi for about 20 years afterward.  I think th book says Obi-Wan was with QGJ
for twenty some years.

Now that can't work out.. Obi-Wan was only I believe about 17 when
Qui-Gon was killed...
I think what happened is that Obi-Wan wasn't ready and Yodi took over
his training after Qui-Gon met his maker... Do you think not that Yodi
would want to train someone strong enough to kill off part of the
darkside?

All I know is I'm going to go see it again today at 1.. so I'll be able
to concentrate a little more on things not seen the first time now! Even
my Mom who went with us the first time wants to see it again, so I don't
know why people are saying this isn't a good movie..

Tamy