 Star Wars / *10598 (-100)
  Re: 8002 Droid Amendment book, here's how to keep your head on :)

If you dig back in the archives a couple of weeks to my original description of the amendments I explained it. The original instructions erroneously show the rubber bands on the bottom. They are shown on the top throughout the rest of the book. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?

I found them at Wal-Mart before Christmas... I haven't looked there again recently. I did see them in Kohl's yesterday though. Before Christmas I posted a message here about my experience at a local TRU when a worker there told me that they wouldn't (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TIE offscale

(...) Agreed. From what I know, it was the prototype and he was "trying it out". Joe (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8002 Droid Amendment book, here's how to keep your head on :)

(...) Actually the change here is the top picture. The subsection is upside-down and the rubber band is on the bottom rather than the top. I'm not sure if this was ammended before my copy was produced or not. I did the ammendments that you had put, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  8002 Droid Amendment book, here's how to keep your head on :)

There was a discussion about a month ago on addendums to the 8002 Droid instruction book. I got a second copy of 8002 Droid today, and inside I found an amendment book. It is Part # 4131258. On the cover is labeled "Amendment sheets for improved (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  TIE offscale

After recently watching Star Wars IV, I noticed the Lego(TM) version of the TIE Interseptor X-1 is offscale. In the movie the X-1 is smaller than the two TIE's next to it, and that the X-1's cockpit is much smaller than the other TIE's. Lego(TM) (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?

(...) It seems like all the 2001 sets disappeared from the stores here (colo spgs, co) just before Christmas... in fact, the Lego aisles at our Walmarts and Targets have been almost bare since then. TRU has a bunch of LOM and such, but no SW (not (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where are the 2001 SW sets?

Skip: kbkids.com is selling them, shop.lego.com is selling them, if you don't like ordering online I saw some sets at Wal-mart, Target... (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Missing stickers

Call Lego Consumer Affairs- they are usually really good about these things. They will probably send you replacements for free. Lego Consumer Affairs: 1-800-453-4677 -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Where are the 2001 SW sets?

I keep browsing my local TRU but they are not on the shelves, where are you guys finding them? I am waiting with baited breath for the Imperial shuttle and the escape pod. Thanks! (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

(...) Dave! (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Contest Winners: (was:Re: LEGO Star Wars Galactic Challenge Building Contest?

Your timing is great. After three written requests, I finally got an answer today. And the winners are: drum roll... In the 17+ category for the LEGO Star Wars Galactic Challenge: US winner: Charles Weber of Virginia Canadian winner: Rich Byron of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

(...) Have you seen the prototype? (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

(...) True enough, and that's the only gold lining about this dark cloud. I look forward to a ball/socket parts pack, or at least a cheaper set in which to acquire them. Dave! (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

(...) $34.88 at Walmart. I had to show my WM receipt to get 'em to price match at TRU though. (I had a TRU gift card from an exchange I made.) J (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

(...) I'll sure buy one when they go on clearance. Ain't NO WAY am I gonna pay full price for that yucky thing. $40! Hah! ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

(...) Ahh...but it's good for parts. Maybe it's just me...I didn't even bother putting together the main model, but the stuff inside called out to be used. I've got the beginnings of a nice mecha using the ball joints (duh) and some of those snazzy (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

(...) I have to disagree with this part. If I had made this ghastly thing as an MOC I'd've been ashamed to post pictures of it. Looking at it on my desk I can only believe that it's C3PO by closing both eyes and imagining it. I know it's been said (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

(...) The trick is to have one of those 'ergo-keyboards' behind your back... Tell you what, build a white X-Wing, then leave it on a shelf in your garage for about 6 months. The accumulated dirt, grime and minor impact damage will lend it an (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Yet Another LEGO Star Wars Site

(URL) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

"Bryan Hodges" <bhodges@SPAMBLOCKco...ntweb.net> wrote in message news:G77p7A.12A@lugnet.com... (...) mainly (...) My only source was the Behind the Magic CD-ROM, and they all look a weathered grey in there. Huw (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

(...) THAT'S IT! That is what the X-wing should look like. I know the "offical" X-wing is white but the canon X-wing (the one we see in the movies and overrides any mere offical X-wing) is Grey. Cool. -Mike Petrucelli aka Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

LoL! Umm, yes, well...it's amazing the difference a day makes! Maybe I shouldn't have posted that message until this morning. Rough day yesterday. I'm often accused of being a whirlwind when I have an opinion. After re-reading my message, I believe (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

(...) I think we had this discussion before about the Imperial Shuttle.... The models used for filming were gray, the life size model at the Star Wars Celebration AND the one in Disneyland are gray, and every picture I've ever seen of an X-wing is (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO Star Wars Galactic Challenge Building Contest?

Any information yet on who/what won the adult catagory? I'd like to see what won. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

(...) You sound upset. Don't let us bother you. The joy of Legos is building things to YOUR taste. Joe (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

Yeah, yeah, yeah the X-Wing is supposed to be white...who gives a f#$%! You know why it looks so good in grey? Because, as someone else mentioned, the X-Wings were dirty and battle worn. So what do you get when you build a white (official) X-Wing? A (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Musing on Imperial 6-pack

I don't care what is in it, as long are there is one. ;) (...) Ooooh ... We can only hope. ;) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: sale at etoys.com

Etoys is really selling Legos cheap. Recently I got the Sith Infilrator for $10 (!) and the MTT for $30. I think I'll buy the podrace too, esp. at this price. Thanks for the notification. :) ~ Michael (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

(...) I just thought I'd let you know that the X-wing *is* actually white. It's just that their Fly-in Spacecraft Washer has been broken, and they are too busy running from the Empire to wash them. :) (Yes, I'm trying to be funny.) (...) And I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

I think the X-Wing is supposed to be white, the toy I had as a kid was white. In the movie they are gray and white, and I think the gray is mainly dirt. -- Cory, "Whether they ever find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be considered an (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey

Ever since I first saw the UCS X-Wing, it has been a mystery to me why LEGO made it primarily out of white pieces. To my eye, X-Wings are grey, and someone in LEGO also thought so when they built the prototype (shown in the March 1999 UK LEGO club (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  sale at etoys.com

Being a poor college student, I thought I would have to wait forever in order to save up enough dough to buy the Mos Espa Pod Race set. But guess what? I just ordered it because right now it's ON SALE for $21.99 (from $89.99) at www.etoys.com!!!! (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

(...) Those stickers bugged me quite a bit as well. The canopy wasn't too bad, but I knew I was going to take the set apart and didn't want to put on any of the stickers that spanned multiple parts then ruin them when I took it down.. I did, however (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Just got 8007/C3PO

Just for the record, I hate stickers. In the last month I put together C-3P0, the stormtrooper and the ucs x-wing and I have never seen so many stickers in my life. I am anti-sticker from now on. I have the wrinkling sticker problem on the feet (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS Inspired Minifig Scale T-65 X-Wing

(...) Daz (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Just got 8007/C3PO

I made a stop by Target today to make sure they hadn't lowered their clearance prices anymore, and they had the 8007 C3PO. $29.97. I just got through assembling the set. First my rants :) This set would have been much better if there had been more (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: Technic C3PO/Stormtrooper - better mecha parts?

(...) That depends on if you like white technic pieces better than black. Personally, I try to avoid using white elements in mecha because white just isn't a very stealthy color. On the other hand, black doesn't photograph well so I use gray and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Technic C3PO/Stormtrooper - better mecha parts?

(...) Most of the 3PO parts are black. I built the set last night (it IS a pretty cool set:-)). The assembly of the arms and head (so they pop off) is ingenius! (...) I think that the spheres fit tightly enough that they would support a medium - say (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Technic C3PO/Stormtrooper - better mecha parts?

(...) How about the rest of the pieces in there, though? Are the ones in the ST markedly better for mecha building? I hear that most of the 3PO parts are actually black... Also, how 'strong' are the ball joints - how much pressure do they take to (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Technic C3PO/Stormtrooper - better mecha parts?

(...) The C3-PO has the most ball joints- a total of 5, compared to the S.T.'s 4. and yes, they are cool for mecha. I've built one this week with them and I'll post pics soon. Later, Todd (URL) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TIE Interceptor MOC and others

yer models are nice but this really rocks (URL) invisible shield around the one droid is way cool way way way cool -paul (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Technic C3PO/Stormtrooper - better mecha parts?

I was looking at the new Technic sets - the C3PO and the Stormtrooper - and thinking that those ball & socket joints would be pretty darn handy in making mecha and similar posable things. But I'm not sure which set to pick up, so I thought I'd (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  TIE Interceptor MOC and others

I've finally got around to building my first MOC, and I've finally created a BrickShelf account. After a lot of messing around I've managed to upload MPDs and renderings of my 2 Interceptor designs (first one replacement of wings on 7146 TIE Fighter (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

(...) What about the "common" minifigure head-print smudge on those that are printed using more than one color? If we start talking about them, then I'll have to make a spreadsheet, mostly covering the Adventurer sets. P.S. In the last few years any (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

Geesh I have had "lots" of new sets parts not "melted" but pieces so brittle (not from cold) they break under normal human finger pressure. Anyone else? -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Another Swoop Bike

I've got a new MOC, it's the Swoop Bike popularized by Shadows of the Empire. I borrowed heavily from the Lego Speeder Bike, and I also utilized a design by Dan Harp which I found on Brickshelf. He's got a couple of hover-bikes up which are pretty (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Another Swoop Bike

I've got a new MOC, it's the Swoop Bike popularized by Shadows of the Empire. I borrowed heavily from the Lego Speeder Bike, and I also utilized a design by Dan Harp which I found on Brickshelf. He's got a couple of hover-bikes up which are pretty (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: microfig-scale SW landspeeder

(...) I do like these models. I've been inspired to do some of my own microfig stuff too. I gather that the point is to make the things as small as possible, whilst still retaining enough detail to make it recognisable. The only disappointment is (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

(...) Well, I'm in the US and I've had the same experience you've had with the SW sets... nothing defective, nothing missing, and usually some extras. In fact, I can't recall *ever* buying a set with defective or missing pieces. It's possible that (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

Iv'e had quite a few defects in the last few years. It started with the 8448 Super Street Sensation with the bad shocks that break over time. Then I got the Naboo Swamp that had a pair of warped pieces. Two of the 2x1 bricks with the claw coming out (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

I don't have alot of sets yet but I am working on it :) I am trying to remember all the sets, some were from last year. I may have been exaggerating when I said in a row, however not by much. I know my snowspeeder had a melted piece, and my b-wing, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

(...) Hunh. I've never had a melted piece, out of hundreds over the last few years. I've never had a missing piece, either (that wasn't obviously in-store theft). I have had a very few mis-printed elements, but certainly not more than 10 (and I (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: And the winner is...

"Ralph Döring" <doe@gmx.de> wrote in message news:G6ypwH.7Fp@lugnet.com... (...) since the contest was opened. I'd really like to have a look at the winning entries - I just missed out on entering as I didn't have enough spare parts to build my TIE (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

"Crowbar" <cr0wbar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G6zBDv.Itn@lugnet.com... (...) happening (...) replaced, (...) Wow, I've had completely the opposite experience with my LEGO - I've bought every 1999 and 2000 non-Technic SW set, and the UCS (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

(...) Yep, I've got two (same part, same set) "melted" red quarter curve slopes from 6097. Those are the only ones that I know of, not really a critical part to get replaced as I got 10 of that set within a month from the same KB store. I WANT to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Melted Pieces

(...) I too have had the odd "melted" piece in my more recent kits... I suspect most of us have. However I have not had nearly the frequency you seem to be observing. I've only had two melted (malformed) pieces in the last 20-30 kits I've bought and (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Melted Pieces

I just got my UCS X-wing in the mail today, and it is the 4th set I have gotten in a row with melted pieces. Am I the only one that this is happening to? When I was younger I got quite a few sets and I don't remember any coming with melted pieces. I (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  RE: And the winner is...

(...) Congratulations to all the winners! (...) Cool! Why am I too lazy to ever update my site? --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  And the winner is...

The winners for the unofficial Lego Star Wars design contest are: ---...--- Joel Kuester | Best Ever Build Model | Republic Cruiser-Radiant VII ---...--- Janno Van Callinge | Best Pov Ray / Ldraw Model | Teemto Pagalies' podracer ---...--- Thaddeus (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

(...) I believe the shooter has a metal spring part. But plating from the chrome and gold parts from the C3PO set are probably also going to set off the metal detector! Fredrik (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: good good good site

(...) can't get there at all. From Netscape 4.72 on Linux I can see the menu in the left column but nothing works, and I can't even look at the page source to see the links. Is this an MSIE only site? (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: good good good site

"kai brodersen" <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:G6wwxJ.7M9@lugnet.com... (...) since Sept 10th when they sent their last newsletter out. I was really looking forward to the carbon freezing chamber too :( I hope Dorian and Sneaky are (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  good good good site

heres a site for you starwars fans. A starwars LCAD site. Models are all downloadable and can be viewed at the site here it is (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Imperial Shuttle

(...) Actually the wings were originally supposed to be vertical at landing, not pointed in towards the vertical wing. In Return of the Jedi, where the shuttles first appeared, the wings were vertical when the shuttle was "parked." I'm not sure (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I want everyone's opinion...

(...) While I'd be OK with that, I'd rather have a five pack with three Stormtroopers, a Sandtrooper, and an officer... :) -Bryan hobartrus@hotmail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I want everyone's opinion.....

(...) I would have to agree with just about everyone else... Stormtroopers. Scout Troopers are just that, scouts. They watch for attacks and scout areas for enemies. They are lightly armored and armed, and are meant to be highly mobile to avoid (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Musing on Imperial 6-pack

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote: <snip> (...) I was thinking 3 Stormtroopers, 2 Officers, and 1 TIE Pilot, but I like your idea better. $30+ for the Shuttle is an expensive way to get Royal Guards, isn't it? (...) Now that I would REALLY (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Musing on Imperial 6-pack (was: Re: I want everyone's opinion.....)

(...) Hmm. What would they put in an Imperial 6-pack? So far, we've got the following Imperials: Darth Vader Emporer Palpatine Stormtrooper Scout Trooper TIE Pilot Shuttle Pilot/Officer Royal Guard Vader, Palpatine, and the Scout Trooper are already (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mark's Lego Creation Update! 1/5/01

(followed up to .space and .starwars) "Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:G6uo8A.M8H@lugnet.com... (...) out. (...) they (...) You mean like TIE Fighter launch racks in Star Wars? Check out the LucasArts game TIE Fighter where (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  UCS TIE - finally built it, not quite happy :(

I finally got the TIE UCS last week and last night spent 2 hours putting it together. Aside from the annoying habit of the wing sections coming away from the wing brace whenever my 1 year old daughter decided to make a grab for it there is one (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

Well as a result of my curiosity I tried x-raying through a box. The Lego Technic bricks were visible and detailed enough to tell the parts inside. -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. who is now on his way to bed. (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Imperial Shuttle

Hey Joe. I saw your shuttle modifications in Brickshelf, I noticed that you also placed the two grey 1X2 grill tiles on a different spot on the wing. I did something similar which allows the "wings" to fold up more accurately, i.e., closer to the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I want everyone's opinion.....

(...) "What figure would I use with my models more?" Why, Stormies of course!! They ARE the bread and butter of Imperial diplomacy after all! Of course, they should represent the most numerous factor in an patrol, Imperial Naval Troopers would be (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

Actually it would be quite easy to verify, providing the boxes are of the same size. It would require having 1 of each set with the contents known. You would need a way to measure the weight of each of those sets very accurately and precisely. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I want everyone's opinion.....

Stormtroopers. I've got a couple of reasons for that. One is that you just see them more often in the movies than you do Scout Troopers. Two is that I just think they look cooler. My only problem is that they're only available in the TIE Fighter set (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I want everyone's opinion.....

(...) Robbie, Well if I had to make a choice, I'd choose the StormT. They're more versitile. A ScoutT had but a few "actual" functions. Joe (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I want everyone's opinion...

(...) Agreed. Let's hope the Stormtrooper minifig packs come out soon, hopefully with two troops and one officer. - Sean (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I want everyone's opinion.....

I guess being a military purist, I would use them in the specific function they are meant for. For a bunker, you would have stormtroopers as guards and a group of scout troopers for recon. Also you would have a number of officers (hope you like (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  I want everyone's opinion.....

What figure would you use with your models more: Scout Trooper(biker scout) or the Stormtrooper? I need an opinion from everyone possible. I'm wanting to know what everyone else would think about one of these on patrol at an Imperial bunker (working (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Imperial Shuttle

In answer to my own problem, I busted out Sebulba's pod and used 4 black 2x2 'L' plates and a dk gray 1x8 plate for each wing. My solution (sorry, don't have a .dat file) is this: Take off the offending lt gray 2x10 plate. Attach the 'L' plates like (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

(...) Right... but since there's no conventional way of verifying the contents, you wouldn't know if it's a 3PO or a ST in there, which would make it quite difficult to sell to a collector of "sw rarities." If you were to open the box to verify the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

(...) Heisenberg would lead you to think so, wouldn't he? Statistically speaking, it's not a 50/50 chance that it's incorrectly boxed, is it? If only 5% of the time it's incorrectly boxed, then you have 95% storm trooper and 5% C3P0, but I'm not a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007, 8008 sighting, COS

(...) So, if you bought it, and left it in the box, you'd have 50% of a C3P0 and 50% of a Stormtrooper, right? Steve (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  More A-Wing MOC pics

(URL) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: A-Wing, X-Wing MOC

Thanks, the reason there are the yellow peices are on the A-Wing is simple- I just ran out of peices, same with the X-Wing unfortunately, ah well, such is life. UNfortunately neither model is still together, and the only pictures that exist are (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  8007, 8008 sighting, COS

Last night I hit a Walmart here in Colorado Springs, CO hoping to find the AT-ST or another TIE or Battle Droid Carrier and I noticed something was odd... Their Lego aisle was full of baby toys! How could this be? Did Walmart decide to stop stocking (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 8007 versus 8008

I experienced a similar mistake several months back. I bought a few of the clearance Znap sets at TRU, and one of the smaller sets had the parts and instructions for a different Znap set inside. I was a little miffed because I would have rather had (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Allow me to introduce myself

Joe, thanks for posting this and encouraging me to "decloak"! While I've posted a few messages to SW, robotics, and some of the CAD groups I've not yet introduced myself. Well, here goes ... I originally got into LEGO in the mid-1970's when I was (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people)

  Re: A-Wing, X-Wing MOC

The A-wing looks neat but is plagued by dots of yellow. Aside from that good job!and if you cleaned up the colours on the x-wing it would look great as well. the blue trim looks pretty off and the part where R2 sits behind the cockpit is supposed t (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MTT Alteration (please read; I worked hard on this)

(...) Thanks for your comments, but I have since modified it again (I'll post the new pics later). I something fairly obvious I could do (though it was harder to do than I thought it would be). I cleared out the bottom of of the front cabin a little (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MTT Alteration (please read; I worked hard on this)

It looks really cool. I watche the part of EP. 1 to compare yours to the real mtt and yours looks like it would work identically. If you have the movie making setor something of the sort, it would be cool to see a video of how it unfolds. Looks (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Imperial Shuttle

That's what I was thinking, a 1x10 ... but I want to keep the sturdiness for playing (I zoom the thing around a lot). Nothing real sturdy comes to mind, but maybe I'll go play around a bit. I wonder if we can't get LEGO to do something about it? I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars)

Joseph Cardana <jcardanas@home.com> wrote in message news:G6tCCH.96z@lugnet.com... (...) The whole Star Wars line :-) Its what I've come to call them...because when I buy the sets its always for the parts. -Tim (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Allow me to introduce myself

<snip> (...) What Service packs are you refering to? Joe (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Allow me to introduce myself

Joseph Cardana <jcardanas@home.com> wrote in message news:G6t7Kr.L8M@lugnet.com... (...) Welcome, Joseph! Been into LEGO since I was a kid - well, I'm 18 now and never had a dark ages - and onilne with LEGO since 96. Love it here on Lugnet. Getting (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.people, lugnet.cad)

  A-Wing, X-Wing MOC

Finally, I've managed to post something! I built these last summer, and I've lost a lot of the pictures, and I'll try to find more, but this is one of the better ones unfortunately. I like the A-Wing better, the fins are angled, adn the cockpit has (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact