 Star Wars / 10567
Re: Rebuilding the UCS X-Wing in grey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 23:39:13 GMT

I think the X-Wing is supposed to be white, the toy I had as a kid was
white. In the movie they are gray and white, and I think the gray is mainly
dirt.

--

Cory,
"Whether they ever find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be
"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message
Ever since I first saw the UCS X-Wing, it has been a mystery to me why • LEGO
made it primarily out of white pieces. To my eye, X-Wings are grey, and
someone in LEGO also thought so when they built the prototype (shown in • the
March 1999 UK LEGO club magazine)

So, when finally I succumbed and purcahsed one, at half price, I decided • to
discard all white and tan pieces and replace them with grey, and make a • few
minor design changes.

I have taken a few pictures, and also scanned the picture of the • prototype.

It is interesting to see how similar the prototype is, except in colour, • to
the set as released. Too bad they didn't make those 33/45 corner pieces • used
on the front, though.

Judge for yourself if it looks better in grey...

Has anyone else done this?

Huw